Saturday, May 3, 2014

Is this temp good for my GPU?

Q. Im planning on building a new pc soon but this one im just wondering about.
So about 1 month ago, I was playing PES 2013 with my bluetooth controller and my pc connected to my 1080p 42 inch LED 120 Hz. ( giving all these details to detect the problem)
Anyways, after about 3 hours, i tried going into the desktop, and my computer suddenly gave me the infamous blue screen. I immediately thought overheating, but I was not sure if it was because I was playing connected to my TV.
Anyways, my PC has not never gave me problems playing other games such as Skyrim,far cry 3, or Pes 2013 while playing on the monitor before. Also I've not gotten a problem like that since then.
Maybe it was just an error that day? Maybe it is a problem?
I dont really know, that is why im asking.
Also, my GPU is an PNY NVIDIA Geforce 550 Ti, and according to speccy, it runs at 38-45 C idle.
Is this normal? Maybe I should remove it and apply more thermal paste. on sunday I opened up my pc and I tried to clean it by blowing air into it, (no compressed air here).
Anyways help?
Ha well my gpu goes to around 70C+ when gaming.
Also my cpu is 23C on idle :/


Answer
I got a blue screen on my pc the other day and it was not because of overheating. it is usually just because of an error in the software. The temps that you are getting are completely normal. A graphics card is supposed to run at full load at about 60 degrees plus. Much higher than a CPU. A CPU is meant to run at about 40 degrees. Hope this helped! Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is this temp good for my GPU?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment