Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Question about LCD and Plasma tvs?




Brian J


My wife and I are in the market for a new HD tv. Which is the better option LCD, or Plasma?? We have no clue. Ultimatly which one is going to be a good bargain and last the longest. Thanks for any help.


Answer
LCD is going to have a longer life and has No "Burn In" problems like Plasma does.

LCD has no reflection if put near a window like a Plasma does.

LCD uses less electricity than a Plasma Does

Plasma can come in larger sizes than an LCD

Some Pros and Cons for both, go with LCD unless you want a monsterous screen size

Where should I put my tv antenna?




K


My tv used to have good reception but recently I moved in to a new apartment and the reception is bad there! Should I put the antenna close to my tv or near the window?

p.s. my tv is a small lcd tv and the antenna isn't cheap costs around $30 something.



Answer
>Should I put the antenna close to my tv or near the window?

You need a length of coax cable so you can experiment! Long enough to reach any possible spot in the apartment would be ideal.

>Should I put the antenna close to my tv

It's unlikely that your TV is in the best spot for reception.

Indoor TV antennas can be very sensitive to location because the materials the building is made from interfere with the TV signals.

>near the window?

That depends. Does the window face the direction the signals come from? Does it have old fashion glass (transparent to TV signals) or new energy efficient glass (can act as a mirror to TV signals).

Any flat metal surface will reflect TV signals, that includes foil backed insulation & metallic window screens. Materials like brick, dirt, and water will absorb TV signals.

Usually the higher you can get the antenna, the better the signal.

It helps to know what direction & distance your local TV transmitters are in. In the US you can find this info at: http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29 If you are somewhere else, eh, where are you ?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about LCD and Plasma tvs?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment