Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm looking to buy a new TV. How do i pick one that doesn't make everything look like a soap opera?




Anthony Ma


Nowadays every TV is HD and whatnot, but i've seen a lot of HD TV's that make every show look like a soap opera, and its really annoying to look at. How do i pick out a good HD TV without the soap opera affect???


Answer
The soap opera effect is caused by TV's running at 120 or 240 hz.

You can either - a) get a plasma
b) get a LCD or LCD/LED running at 60hz
c) if you get a 120hz TV, you can turn on either "game mode" or "cinema mode" or at least turn off "motionflow" (or whatever it's called).

- 17R3W

Samsung series 6300 LED tv?




RED


I just bought a Samsung Series 6300 LED HDTV. My cable service isn't hooked up yet so I've been watching regular (non-HD) DVDs. Every DVD I watch looks like an amateur/soap opera/British television shows. These are DVDs that I've seen before and it almost looks as if a different person filmed the movie. It's difficult to describe exactly how it looks because the colors and vividness are fine, it's just that it looks like a poorly filmed movie. Can anyone help me with this problem? Any suggestions are welcome as I have no idea what to do or what is causing this. Thanks in advance!


Answer
when you run standard cables it will look this way yellow white and red. for you you should buy a bluray player with an hdmi cable and then even your regular dvds will look nice. you can buy an up converting dvd player but most will run you around70 bucks so it would be better to future proof yourself and just get a bluray. that is one of samsungs best tvs so all you viewing will be great once it is hook up in (HD)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm looking to buy a new TV. How do i pick one that doesn't make everything look like a soap opera?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment