Monday, May 26, 2014

can you take a 19 inch led tv as a carry on?




?


is it possible to take a 19 inch tv as a carry on? Because I dont want to put it in the checked luggage in fear of it getting damaged. And do I have to pay duty taxes when I arrive in Mexico?


Answer
No, it will not fit in the overhead compartment. The TV will most likely be in a TV box, and that will take up too much space in the bin. The crew will make you check the item at the counter or at the gate. I would recommend shipping it via FedEx or UPS and insure it. If you transport it and it gets damaged, the airline will not take responsibility for it.

How to take a 40" LED TV to New Delhi from London on BA flight?




ashphim


Hi,

I know I can take the TV to New Delhi and I might be charged for excess baggage. However, I have 2 questions:

1. Would I be charged any customs in India?
2. How to go about getting the TV from my home to the airport for check-in? I would be travelling alone and carrying 1 big bag for check-in and a laptop bag. Can I get a service from the airport/BA that could collect it from my place and check-it in for me?

So I would definitely like to have some suggestions on how I shall manage this transit.

Thanks
@Montana: Thanks for the quick reply. Could you please elaborate on that? Do you mean I should ship it from my home to the PO at Heathrow? Is there an option where I don't have to check it in myself; as in, they do it for me? I seriously don't want to "carry" it.
Please note that the main concern in Q2 here is around getting the TV from my home to the airport. I'm not so confident about carrying it myself in a taxi/train - as I would also have a large bag. I will check the tv in at the airport (with whatever extra cost), but how to get it to the airport? Is there a service that can do it from me (Just from my place to the check-in counter)?



Answer
I suggest that you find another way of transporting the TV. Baggage handlers are not exactly the most careful of people and they usually just toss around the luggage. If you have to check it in, then make sure that the TV is properly protected with layers of foam, bubble wrap, and etc... Make sure that the box is really sturdy and another tip is to tie ropes around the box (they have to be thick and tied tightly all around). You can also try putting large signs that indicate that the box is fragile and should be handled with caution. However, I wouldn't take the risk.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can you take a 19 inch led tv as a carry on?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment