Friday, February 7, 2014

What are the best picture settings for a Sansui LED TV?




Kyle


I got it free from a nice old lady and I don't need it perfect, it is a Sansui 22" SLED2280.


Answer
The best settings for any TV are those that cause its gray scale
to be as close to perfect as possible.

No two TVs, even of the same model,
are likely to look the same with the same numerical settings.

You could pay an ISF-certified technician $300 or more to calibrate the set.

A less costly, but less accurate, method is to use a setup disc
(DVD or Blu-Ray; $20 to $50) to optimize the image quality yourself.

If you use a setup disc, follow the instructions to the letter.

Adjusting tv picture settings?




Chloe


I have a 1080p 60hz LG led/lcd 42" HDTV, I got it in January this year. I am always changing the picture settings.
Here's what I do.
During the day I keep the backlight on 0, sometimes 10 (because there is never anything on during the day). At 9:00 pm I'll change the backlight to 65-80. Now for different shows I use different settings. For example when I'm watching House it will be : contrast-77, brightness-55, color-90, color temp-40. And then when I watch Lost Girl at 10pm I adust those settings to: contrast-65, brightness-52, color-95, color temp-20, &dynamic contrast from low to high. I do this for all the shows I watch(House, Lost Girl, Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Missing, Nikita, etc) [each show looks best on different settings]
Sharpness is at 95, I don't change that.
I also have an hd converter, so everything I watch is either 1080i or 720p.

I want to know if my constant picture setting changing is bad for my tv. Will this shorten it's life-span? Will my tv suffer in the long run?

Ps. My tv is only on about 6-8 hours a day. When I feel I watched tv for too long (9,10 hours) I watch tv in another room. I NEVER leave my tv on when I'm sleeping or outside.



Answer
You are seriously over-thinking this. You aren't damaging the TV, but you are wasting a lot of time making manual adjustments when you could be saving them as custom settings. You don't need an HD converter. Get out of the house a little more. You are too obsessed with TV.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best picture settings for a Sansui LED TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:


  1. To choose the Best Led there is only one company that is only in delhi-ncr that is sargam Electronics.
    A Best Led for your requirement under one roof please follows our website led tv in delhi

    ReplyDelete