Tuesday, October 1, 2013

is there such a thing as a flat screen tv/computer monitor combo?

led tv monitor combo
 on ... T24A350 24-Inch Class LED HDTV/Monitor Combo (Black) by Samsung IT
led tv monitor combo image



judyblue_p


I would like to get a new TV in the den that could also double as a computer monitor and be able to hook up a gaming console as well. Is there such a device and what is it called? Thanks =)


Answer
Most LCD TVs (both CCFL lit and LED lit) have a VGA PC input, and even if they don't newer computers have DVI or HDMI out that can be connected to an HDMI in on the TV.

I am using my Vizio M260MV this way, as I am typing this answer on it now, it is my primary PC monitor.

All of my devices, PC, VCR, Blu-ray disk player, etc are hooked to my Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR (7.1 surround sound audio/video receiver) then from there to HDMI-1 on the TV.

Should I go with a 1080p Monitor/HDTV combo or go with a 720p HDTV?




TP53


I am looking at these models of Samsung:
http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11764823/samsung-samsung-27-class-1080p-led-hdtv-t27b350nd-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=reviewTextLength&dir=asc

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN26EH4000FXZA

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN26D4003BDXZA


Which should I choose? I am worried about what I have heard about the sound quality (being tinny with the monitor combo), picture quality (being better with IPS technology than with TN) and viewing angle quality (being poor viewing the monitor combo on the dresser from a lower elevation on my bed in my bedroom) of the monitor/hdtv combo vs what you get with the 720p hdtv. Plus, the monitor/hdtv combo has TN technology vs the regular HDTVs which have IPS technology. I do however like the fact that the monitor combo has 1080p high definition.



Answer
Neither will have great sound. At 26", you won't be able to tell the difference between 720 & 1080. Bear in mind that the monitor will not receive TV signals without an external box such as a cable or satellite box. I would go with the TV because it is IPS vs. TN.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is there such a thing as a flat screen tv/computer monitor combo?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment