Sunday, November 10, 2013

How should I arrange home theater system around fireplace?

led tv with dvd player
 on LED TV Fernseher mit DVD Player aldi luxemburg Medion MD 20296 LED TV ...
led tv with dvd player image



Guo C


I would like to buy a 5.1 home theater system and a LED TV. My desired place to watch it is in family room with a fireplace. I know I could hang the TV above fireplace but not sure about the home theater (Blue ray DVD player, receiver and speakers). I would also like the wires be concealed.

Thanks.



Answer
Use a private company, thasts what I did in my house for ALL my televisions / my home theater. Not sure where you live but the company i used was dhdpros.com | Private companies will never rip you off and generally use the greatest technology. (my house uses a program called "Control 4" i can turn off my kids' bedroom lights / TVs from the basement.)


And also, the fire won't affect it. If you want a picture of my hearth room ill send you one.

How to set up speakers for my media player?




Bryan Patr


I have an asus oplay mini and i am thinking of getting either e 2.1 or 5.1 speaker. However I am not sure if I should connect it on my led tv or to the media player itself which has the red white yellow cables.

One more thing is the speaker i was looking are the one's used for desktops or laptops, I can't seem to find the one's that came with bluray or dvd players.



Answer
This is the thing. For most PC speakers, 2.1 speakers are just stereo sepeakers with a subwoofer, they use a crossover to get the bass frequencies from the stereo signal from the stereo signal fed to it. The 5.1 PC speakers do that for stereo input mode. To get actual 5.1 audio, they mostly have discrete 5.1 input , which most modern desktop PCs have. The oplay likely has a digital or optical out, that means you need a separate (not easy to find) Dolby decoder to use with PC 5.1 speakers, and won't get that great of a sound.

Home Theater -in-a-box systems (the ones with a DVD surround in one) often just decode 5.1 from the DVD - the only inputs are stereo, which at best can provide pro-logic surround. The speaers that come with them are made for them as part of a system.

Real surround for other devices is achieved with a surround receiver, which has a decoder, controls, and amplifiers for all the speakers other than the subwoofer, usually. With those, you buy the speakers separately, including an amplified subwoofer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How should I arrange home theater system around fireplace?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment