Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How do I connect my LED TV to local cable channels?




Greg


I live in an apartment. I have rabbit ears and a digital converter, but after hearing I don't need my converter seeing my tv is already digital, how can I connect it without the converter?


Answer
The only way to receive cable channels is to (wait for it) CONNECT THE TV TO CABLE! Why do you think that you can receive cable TV with an antenna?

How to connect my TV to the internet?




Brad


Bought a Samsung 40" LED TV and it has options for things like netflix and youtube to where if im connected to the internet I can connect to these sites. The problem is that my internet is coming from the living room with a wireless router and I don't think my tv has an option for wireless network connectivity. How can i connect to the internet without running a cable from the living room to my room? Is that the only way? Thanks in advance for your time and answers


Answer
If the TV has no Wireless Antenna/Receiver, then i'm sorry to say that your only option is a Ethernet cable from the router to the Ethernet port on the tv, (Or by chance USB)
The TV "MIGHT" support a USB wireless antenna adapter, but i would call to find out, before spending money on it.

Also, if you have a computer in the same room, like your laptop or desktop, you can connect the TV to it using a HDMI or DVI cable, this will only allow you to use the TV as a second monitor, but you could then use the laptop as the internet connection, by that i mean, you can't connect the TV to the internet this way, i meant that only you could like play Netflix on the laptop, and see it on the big tv.

Good luck.

Lol, just noticed, My name is Brad too lol :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect my LED TV to local cable channels?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment