Sunday, July 21, 2013

Can i mount my tv above my gas log fireplace?

led tv over gas fireplace
 on ... allegedly displaying a gun in public in a dispute over a parking spot
led tv over gas fireplace image



Bret


I have a 55 inch LG LED tv and want to mount it above my fireplace. We have gas logs and will use them during the winter. The bottom of the screen would be about 1 foot away from the top opening of the
fireplace.



Answer
Doesn't sound too good. It might take a while, but I think you would start noticing damage eventually.
I'm not an expert though.
But I would worry about it every time I turned the gas on.

Mounting a tv above my fireplace?




DeathJeste


Hello all, I recently bought a 65" tv ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-M651d-A2R-65-1080p-240Hz-Razor-LED-Smart-HDTV/23991021 ) the tv weighs roughly 80 lbs. I would like to mount it above my fireplace and would like some tips advice on what to do. I am aware of the cons of mounting it above my fireplace ( heat, stiff neck...ect.. ) I do not use my gas fireplace and if I was to, it would only be in emergencies. I appreciate all help. Thanks!
I have a wall mounting kit but do not trust the hardware that comes with it. I would rather spend alittle extra to buy better bolts.



Answer
The mounting kit is probably designed for screwing into 2 x 4 wall studs.
You need longer bolts(screws) etc. The longer the better.
Maybe you can figure out a way to mount it covering the fireplace, and moving it out of way, when needed. Maybe not a wall mount, but a floor rack on rollers. Look online.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can i mount my tv above my gas log fireplace?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment