Wednesday, July 24, 2013

If i use a led lcd 24 inch tv as a computer monitor, will I experience health consequences?

led tv hurts my eyes
 on his was originally titled The Billion Dollar Snatch. A great title ...
led tv hurts my eyes image



Jim


Well I'm in college and I will start doing mechanical engineering next year, well right now I have a laptop with a small screen , so I thought of getting a bigger screen but I dont a have yet so I thaught of just buying a big tv and hooking my laptop on it. But I'm afraid it will hurt my eyes.


Answer
No, I do not think so...

Is there any other type of computer monitor that is less hard on the eyes?




123


Well I had the older monitors (big white square thing) and that hurt my eyes. It was getting too old (the picture was wobbling) so I got a flat monitor but this also hurts my eyes. Is there any other type of monitor that might be easier on my eyes?


Answer
The greatest cause of eye strain is caused from CRT (TV-Tube) monitors
and early LCD (flat screen montors) both "flicker" to some degree, th e CRT
because of the way they light one horizontal row at a time (And do this so
rapidly they re-write the entire screen 30 times a second.

Early LCD's flicker faster but for a different reason, the flickering from them is because the flourescent tubes that are used to back-light the crystal screen flickers at either 50ties a second or 60 times a second (some faster)

Current production LCD screen are often referend to (incorrectly) as "LED"
screens (which aren't in the market place yet) but are instead LCD screens that are back-lit
by LED's, LED's do not flicker.

I have much less eyestrain since switching to an LED back-lit LCD screen in August

AD




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If i use a led lcd 24 inch tv as a computer monitor, will I experience health consequences?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment