Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I need a HD tv that will resist image burn or image retention?

led tv image burn
 on Full Facial Transplant
led tv image burn image



samurai_ar


I have a very old and used 2009 Phillips hd tv right now. I do ALOT of console gaming on it with friends. It gets 'image burn' or 'ghost images' very very easily now, even if the image is on the screen for only like two minutes. I have adjusted the brightness and contrast settings, but to no avail.

So Im thinking of getting a new lcd/led hd tv, 42". One that hopefully resist the image burn better. Will 120 hertz make a difference with the image burn since its a higher re-fresh rate?

And can anyone give me some good suggestions if they have any? Id like to keep it under $1,500 if at all possible.


Also unfortunately due to space constraints getting a computer monitor is out of the question.

Thank you!



Answer
Regardless of what brand you choose, there are things you can do to prevent image burn in on your set. The best thing you can do is turn down the contrast. LCDs and LEDs are better at preventing image burn in than CRT or plasma. Although the burn in issue isn't what it was years ago, there can still be a problem with it in the modern sets..
This link has a good article about it.

http://lifehacker.com/5982108/is-burn+in-still-an-issue-on-tvs-and-monitors

One way to repair image burn in is to create a screen saver that is nothing but a white screen. Hook up your computer to your TV and turn the brightness up as high as it will go. Let it run for about two hours and this will eliminate any burn in problem you have. Of course the best thing to do is not let it happen in the first place. I haven't been into video games for many years but if I did go back to playing them, I would go to Goodwill and buy a refurbished set just for video games. You can get a refurbished 32" LCD set for $125 with a 30 day guarantee.

What should I do? PS3 with Plasma or should I get a different TV?

Q. I'm worried that I might get burn-in by playing on my family's plasma tv. I have played Wii and Xbox 360 on it and have seen these little faded images that appear right when I turn my tv off. But they go away after a little bit. The TV is a Panasonic from October 2008.

Instead should I get a 3d monitor or a small/medium led tv? Like 24 inches.


Answer
I would not worry about it. The faded images are not actual burn in.
If you play an action game on the TV, which means that the image displayed is changing you will not have to worry about screen burn in. If however there is a lot of stagnant, not changing, parts of an image you might get an burn in.

Also when you pause a game and leave TV to do whatever, it is good idea to turn it off as stagnant images will cause burn ins.

Burn ins also depend on a quality of the TV. Better TV less chance of burn in.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a HD tv that will resist image burn or image retention?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment