Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One dead Pixel on TV!!!?????




ChiVas1O1


I am about to buy a 55" LED TV it is practically brand new still has plastic over the screen and is in original box but it has 1 dead pixel it is like half of the retail value but I don't know if I should get it or not, and don't think its a big deal the plasma I have now has like 20 dead pixels. Should I get it?


Answer
up to you if you can live with it. up to 5 dead pixels is acceptable by a manufacture under the warranty terms

Dead pixel on 2 day old Samsung LED tv! Please help!?




kensing282


A couple of days ago (Friday) I purchased a Samsung 40" LED 1080p 120Hz tv.
I setup my cable and blu-ray to it just yesterday and today when I was watching TV I noticed a green dot near the centre of the screen which I have now learned is a "dead pixel".
I contacted Samsung technical support just now and they said that they would only send someone to "look" at it if there were "at least 4 dead pixels". The most puzzling part is that I just bought the TV a couple of days ago and there is no physical damage and they won't help me!
When I asked if there was anything I could do to fix the issue, he said there is nothing.
I consider this unacceptable and am wondering whether you think I should take this up with Samsung customer relations or return the TV to the store I bought it at?
In simple terms, what would you do in my situation?
Thanks for the feedback.
Any tips on good TV brands?
What about Sony? (there was a sony tv that was my second choice prior to purchasing this TV) - it was also a LED 40")



Answer
I work for Samsung and to be honest, take it back. They have a specific policy when it comes to dead pixels. They state since that there are thousands of pixels in the TV, one is not a big deal. It all depends on where it is. You need 4 if its in the middle. Then 10 if its 4 inches from the middle and 26 if it is around the edges of the screen. The new Samsung TV's are a good TV you just got a bad one and i know for a fact they will not fix it. The best thing for you to do is you can try the ECR dept at 1-800-522-7341. I dont think they will do anything about it, ever since they moved from NJ to SC the customer service is shotty ar best. I would suggest just going back to thew store and swapping it for a new one. Or get an LG or Sony. preferably Sony.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: One dead Pixel on TV!!!?????
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment