Thursday, April 3, 2014

3d tv - compared to lCD and lED...?







what is a 3D tv..and how is this different from LCD and LED tvs with respect to cost and use.
is 3D tv good for home use or only for bill hall theatrical effects.

------------



Answer
LED, LCD, and Plasma are technologies to display the picture.
3D is can use LED and Plasma. Never heard of one that uses LCD but that is theoretically possible.

3D displays two pictures, one for your left eye, and a slightly different one for your right eye. You wear glasses that filter the images giving you the illusion of three dimensions. The reason for buying 3D today is because they result in the best 2D TV's available.

LCD and LED block various amounts of light using LCD's. The difference is backlighting where LED is superior. Plasma is kinda like having 2 million old style CRT's. This tech has nothing to do with 3D.

No clue what bill hall theatrical is. Audio?

What is better? LCD, LED, or Plasma televisions?




Ashlee


My family is looking into getting a new TV as a present to ourselves, but what is the best kind? What lasts longer, has the best quality, etc?


Answer
I believe Plasma is "technically" the best, however the lifespan is NOT good. Plasma tv's have tiny cells which over time can die and cannot be replaced.... so effectively you can have blank patches on your tv (or so I have heard) after a long time).

So that leaves LCD and LED for longevity. Which would be my choice due to the fact they have a good lifespan and are also cheaper!

LED is apparently the "new thing" however I can't say I am hugely up to date on tv's etc so really all I can offer is the information I have read (I'm after a new tv myself).

I hear LED offers a better "black"... LCD's Black is more like a very dark grey, whereas black on an LED IS black... so to me it says the colour definition is better.

However I'm lead to believe they are a little more expensive than LCD's.

Really I would say go to a tv shop, look at all the tv's and decide they best looking picture you can seen, then take note of all the specs (Hz, Dimensions, make, model etc etc) and look online for a better deal :)

I also hear plasmas use a LOT more power than LCD's which in turn use a bit more power than LED's....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 3d tv - compared to lCD and lED...?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment