Friday, November 29, 2013

Wall mount for a 24" LED TV are 2x2 studs sufficient? How else would i go about mounting it?

led tv mount
 on ... Mount Bracket for LCD LED 3D Plasma Flat Screen Tv's Max 130Lbs, 23
led tv mount image



Kaitlin Ki


i have a 24" led tv about 20-25lbs. I want to hang it to my wall using a mount i bought. But the lags are very large, and my dads afraid they will crack the 2x2 studs. I have drywall on the walls already and my walls are extremely thin. The lags take up at least 3/4 of the wall.

Could i maybe screw plywood onto the wall, then screw the mount onto that? Or would that not be good enough to hold my tv? Is there a way to mount it without hitting the studs?



Answer
Mount it on the studs,pre -drill the holes for the lag screws slightly smaller than the screws themselves and they won't split the studs.

I have a 55 inch LED TV - is it OK to mount it on a wall a few feet above baseboard heating?




Bri


I have a 55 inch LED TV - is it OK to mount it on a wall a few feet above baseboard heating??? I'm concerned the heat being a few feet below it could ruin the TV?


Answer
I would find somewhere else to put it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Wall mount for a 24" LED TV are 2x2 studs sufficient? How else would i go about mounting it?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment