Saturday, December 7, 2013

I have a problem connecting my Compaq pc to my Samsung LED tv?

led tv with pc input
 on ... LED TV 1080p 100Hz Freeview HD AQUOS Net+ Wi-Fi Ready PC Input 4 x
led tv with pc input image



Lio


I have this Compaq Destktop Pc and I would like to connect it to my Samsung Led TV. My TV only supports an HDMI connection & My PC only supports a VGA connection, but that is not the real problem. I got a VGA to DVI Addapter & a DVI to HDMI Addapter and an HDMI Cable, so was recommended on my local RadioShack store. So I guess for connection I am settled, but the problem is that my TV does identify a connection made but no picture appears when I switch to HDMI input. What am I missing? & What could I possible do? I need a solution since I've beeb trying this for some time & I have run out of time to return some of the stuff in case It doesnt work out & this is a very pricey thing to do.


Answer
Your problem is the VGA to DVI adapter. A passive adapter only changes pin arrangements, not signal types. Most (nearly all) VGA signals are analog, while DVI and HDMI are digital. They are not compatible. So you are not set for connections (Radio Shack either didn't know this or just wanted to sell you gear - either way it's inexcusable). What you need is an active converter - they have their own power supply and electronics to convert analog to digital, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VJ9RCO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0015YWV1G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NXQ0KRH8QADFDRNRB9N

Note that it has accommodated audio also, which VGA (Video Graphics Array) does not. This is just one example - there are many others - search [vga to hdmi converter] to find them.
Note, too, that this skips the DVI step altogether - you don't need it. However, do be aware that you are starting with a PC's digital signal, converting to VGA analog, then converting back to digital with a 3rd-party, relatively cheap A->D converter, which will probably degrade image quality a bit.
Are you positive the TV only has HDMI? Most have a VGA (sometimes labeled RGB or PC In) and a 3.5mm jack to go with it for audio. This would be higher quality (and cheaper) if you can locate it. I can't imagine a Samsung digital TV with no PC input. Check again (or provide a model number so we can check online). Hope this helps... Good luck!

How to connect my laptop to my tv and home theater?




Perry


I want to connect my laptop to my LG LED TV and my LG Blueray Home Theater System, I can get the laptop hooked up to my TV but haven't been able to get the audio to got through the Home Theater System.
I have a HDMI cable from my laptop to my tv, and the audio/video works fine...I have yet been able to get sound to go from either into the home theater system.



Answer
The most effective way to do this is by having HDMI output on your graphics cards. If it has HDMI, it will export audio and video, and you can just plug it into your tv. Since your TV is plugged into your sound system, you'll get the picture on the tv and the audio from your sound system.

If, like me, you don't have HDMI ports, here's what I did:

My PC has two 'out' ports, one VGA, and one DVI - as both my monitor and tv have VGA connectors, I got a DVI>VGA adaptor, so that my tv and monitor are hooked up simultaneously. Your laptop probably just has a VGA (and is connected to its own screen entirely) so for that all you need is a VGA cable.

However that's only video, you still need the audio.

What I do for this, is essentially just have a cable going from the speaker (or headphone) port on my computer to the audio-in on my soundsystem. However, because I like to switch between PC, Cable and Xbox on my TV without swapping cables...

I bought an AV switcher. It has 3 AV inputs, and one output, with a little slider to select which one its using. I only use it for the audio, as everything is connected to the TV already anyway (HDMI for Cable, VGA for PC, Component for Xbox).

I have a 'audio jack to stereo' cable going from the TV to the switch. Another of the same cables going from my PC speaker socket to the switch. And just plugged the audio jacks of the Xbox component cable straight into the switch. The output for the switch goes into my soundsystem. And I can select either of the 3 channels for whichever audio I want.

Also, I have a simple jack splitter coming out my pc's sound card, as my pc is in another room, so I can get audio on both sets of speakers, or simply one at a time.

With this setup, I just need to change channel on the tv, and change the audio switch as desired, whereas with HDMI you'd be able to just change the channel and get audio AND video.

I think however I might keep my current setup though, as the benefit of keeping audio and video separate is that I can have say, music playing from the Xbox while I'm browsing the web on the PC. Or have music playing from the PC while I watch TV. If it were all HDMI you'd essentially be stuck with the audio of whatever is on your screen.

Hope this helped!

email me jpjosey@gmail.com if you need any help figuring out what leads to buy or setting up, for all the additional leads I bought, and the switch, it was still cheaper than buying a graphics hard with HDMI out, and although it uses more wires than HDMI, its a more customisable solution in my opinion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have a problem connecting my Compaq pc to my Samsung LED tv?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment