Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A good TV for gaming?




Jake


I play Call of Duty and Halo a lot and I was just wondering what would be the best TV for gaming? Thank you.
Btw I don't know if it matters but I play on the Xbox 360. Thanks.



Answer
If you are buying a TV for gaming you will most likely want either an LCD or LED TV. These types do not screen burn from constantly having the HUD displayed in the bottom right and left corner. The industry leader for LCDs is Sony, the leader for LED is Samsung. Also TVs are expensive make sure you understand what each different component does. There is a great gamers TV buyers guide here: http://www.omfgnetwork.com/2012/omfgn-television-buyers-guide/

Hope this helps

I need to know what pros OLED TVs will have over soon-to-be released 2012 models of LED or plasma sets.?




Ashley Par


Ok I've seen all the OLED questions people already asked but none are for gaming. I need to know what pros OLED TVs will have over soon-to-be released 2012 models of LED or plasma sets. I plan on either making a down payment on a cheap car and getting a lower -end 2012 LED/plasma set or buying the OLED TV if its worth it. Will the cost of the TV drop dramatically after lets say, 1-2 months of release as it did with Playstation 3's?


Answer
Ok, I have seen some of the TVs planned for release in 2012 that are NOT OLED TVs and I agree some are pretty nice. However I can assure you they won't be anything more than a slight upgrade in gaming experience from current TVs, and hereâs why:

High-end gaming such as hardcore FPS games, (CoD, Battlefield 3, Soon to be released GTA5) require high processing power as well as very little lag. The 2012 line up will have only slight modifications to these hardware attributes. Contrast ratio will most likely be increased by a few thousand. As far as colors and 3D effect, the change wonât be too much since the panels are the same. Most LED TVs will have an input lag of about 10-15 ms as where the OLED TV that LG plans to release boasted a 0.12 ms input lag speed. That is blazing fast and those scenes where a lot of action is going on, you WILL notice the difference on OLED TVs.

Hereâs where the major change will occur. OLED TVs will have the most outrageous contrast ratio ever for a television. You will see the blackest of blacks and the most vivid colors ever seen on a TV. I am not quite sure what the 3D will look like but one can pretty much assume it will be much much more pronounced than any of its predecessors.

Here I found a video where you can just actually see how pronounced the colors are and donât forget to check out the blacks. In my opinion, buy the car next year, get the TV.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A good TV for gaming?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment