Friday, March 7, 2014

comparison LCD vs LED tv?




nick murph


Is there a huge difference in picture quality and longevity between the two? I found a really good deal for a LCD but i don't know if i should get it because it's not LED. Please explain the difference and if it is worth getting a LCD. Thanks


Answer
Well - for starters...LED tv's actually are LCD TV's...it's just the current atmosphere of marketing has everyone thinking that they are completely different (like Plasma vs LCD).

Where the difference comes in between the 2 is in it's light source. In the traditional LCD TV...the lighting of the screen came from CCFL's (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps). In the LED version...the light source comes from small LED's (either behind the screen or around the edge...which is why you will see some advertised as "Edge-Lit LED").

As far as which is better...it really depends. For the most part, LED is going to be the superior light source over the standard LCD. Additionally, the LED is going to have much better contrast, black levels, white levels and viewing angles. They also tend to be mroe energy efficient.

These days...the LCD (at least the classic LCD) is pretty much on it's way out. Production costs have come down for the LED technology and marketing/advertising has all but completely forgotten the LCD. The only real advantage you will find in the LCD is the price...and even that is not much of a difference any more.

Good Deal on a LED TV?




mercedesbl


I just purchased a true hd LED 46in Samsung, 1,000,000: 1 contrast....
I actually got it for 1599+ plus I also got the 5 yr extended warranty. With my card I will get it for no interest for 24 months so I should have it paid off well before then....
(and yes it's a LED not a LCD)

Considering it will basically be the same as if I paid in cash, is this a good deal? I have thirty days to change my mind and if I can find it lower elsewhere withing the 30 days they will honor the price...
(if anyone knows of a better deal please let me know!)

What does everyone in here think?

Additionally I also purchased a Sony HD dvd player/recorder.... I really don't want to pay additional fees each month on my satellite service. Has anyone had problems with these or any pet peeves? I'm new to HD and I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.

I'll buy all the hdmi cables I need from my sat service installer when I upgrade my receivers
I work for a major sat provider and when I upgrade my receivers to the HD mpeg four 1080i models I will buy the HDMI cabling from the tech when they come out to install. I can get brand new ones for 20 each. I was planning to get a couple for other plug ins... As for the Sony - I didn't get the Blu-Ray. Blue-ray is much to expensive and I wanted a recorder so I could record from the tv without a dvr. plus this one upscales to 1080. I don't buy blue-ray dvds so as long as it records in hd I'm good. It was only $118 :)
Blu-Ray is sweet but it's not sweet enough for the price tag. Especially since most of my DVDs aren't blu-ray and a blu-ray hd player/recorder would have been ungodly expensive, what say 350+ at least?



Answer
if you bought a Samsung, then you did NOT buy a TRUE LED. A true
LED is a full panel LED...that would be e1 elses LED. You bought the cheap 'edge lit' one. You also don't seem to know much about HDMI cables either. Anyone who would sell you a HD DVD player theses days should be jailed-that is an old washed up media format. You should consult with experts before you make your purchase, not afterwards.
You deserve the on coming misery you will soon get.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: comparison LCD vs LED tv?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment