Tuesday, June 17, 2014

LCD TV dark spots - limited manufacturer warranty?




Latinguy


Hi, I bought a Sylvania LCD TV at sears 1 year and 3 months ago. Now it has weird dark spots (not solid black but transparent dark spots) on the edges and some in the middle of the screen. I want to know what are my options for fixing this? I called Sears and they told me that I had manufacturers' warranty for 1 year, so it expired - Then I called mastercard and they offered me to double the manufacturers' warranty - I was so happy until I found out that Sylvania's warranty is 1 year for parts but only 90 days for service! This means mastercard would only pay for service.... To all you experts... when fixing this type of problems... what is the most expensive piece... parts or service? Should I start considering buyin a new LCD TV? It sucks that I only had it for 1 year and 3 months! Thank you.


Answer
Fumes from cigarettes and cooking can settle on LCD screens almost as easily as CRTs.
Try cleaning the screen with soft cloth dampened (not very wet) with a 50/50 solution of water and alcohol. My old IBM laptop display faded with old technology to blame. Maybe you just have to "bite the bullet" and begrudgingly buy another TV.

Dark area on my LCD TV?




JAM O


I just noticed a Dark are on the top screen of my 32 inch LCD tv. It's like in a line not like spots or dead pixels. When the screen is black I can see its darker in that area. When the TV is on I can see it a bit like a shadowish dark line. What could it be. It started when I hooked up my DVD with progresive scan and component cables, don;t know if that had anything to do with it.


Answer
Disconnect the DVD cables...all of them FROM the TV set.....Problem gone? If so, it's the DVD causing the darkness....

NOW....how many different VIDEO connections are you using from the DVD....you have Component, but did you leave a set of Composites connected to the TV or S-Video perhaps?? Choose one....not five paths...

Try interlaced vs progressive...any change in the line?

Audio amp connected? Sometimes a DVD and Audio amp connected to a TV can introduce a line or bar of darkness, ESPECIALLY if one unit has the 3 prong grounded connector and the other one has the 2 prong ungrounded connector....

DIVIDE and CONQUER your problem.....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: LCD TV dark spots - limited manufacturer warranty?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment