Sunday, June 15, 2014

Should I mount my 52" LED TV to the wall or set on a stand?




Christina


I just bought a new HDTV and I'm not sure to mount it or just set it on a stand? Thanks in advance


Answer
There are a few things to consider when putting a large screen on the wall:

* The wall you wish to put the TV on needs to be a solid wall
* The TV cannot be set above a fireplace or radiator.
* Are there some screws that came with your TV for mounting it on the wall? If so you can buy any VESA standard wall mount for a TV that size and use the screws which came with your TV which will be shorter. The screws with the wall mount will be too large and may pierce the components inside the TV.

For TV stands, It looks much better in my opinion if you have some equipment connected up to the TV like a games console, bluray player, cable/satellite set up box etc than if it was a TV on a stand on its own.

Also there is an extremely wide choice of stands out there. Ranging from the cheapest having clear glass, to the more expensive ones having smoked black glass and are higher quality. Remember if you do go for a wall mount and you have other equipment, you need something else to put your equipment on.

What is the best model of TV if it is being mounted to a wall?




Jessica El


So I got a new apartment and I want to have the best TV there is that can mount on a wall and the best place to get it... I don't really have a price range. I do want it to have HD and I will be hooking up a computer to it. So If you have any suggestions then will you please answer my question. Thanks Jessica.


Answer
LED and LCD TV's are generally lighter in weight than a plasma - they will be easier to mount. As the other answer said, they all are designed to be wall mounted.

I personally don't understand why so many want to wall mount the TV. It is more expensive, damages the wall, more risk of falling and harder to conceal the wires. It may look sort of cool but that's about the only advantage. Using the pedestal mount that comes with the TV and just placing it on a stand is FAR easier:

http://www.amazon.com/Walker-Edison-Cortez-Console-Black/dp/B001FB5LKW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314627663&sr=8-5




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I mount my 52" LED TV to the wall or set on a stand?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment