Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Will using my xbox damage an LED TV?




mark.degui


Alright so my dad just bought a new TV because our old one of 7 or 8 years kept turning off by itself (sounds like its broken) so we got a new one. This one http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/led-tv/UN55B8500XFXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl=


When I heard that we we're getting this T.V. I was thinking "Yes finally a new T.V. and its a

REALLY nice one too." However I was disappointed to learn that I would not be able to use my

xbox( not a 360 just the regular old one), or ps3 on it because they said that it would destroy the

the new tv like the old one. The old one was an SD TV just to let you guys know. Yeah that's right

I've been using one of those old boxlike tv's all the way till now. But anyway they said using the

xbox or ps3 on the new TV would destroy it so we will only use it for TV shows. We don't have

cable so you can imagine how many HD channels I'm going to get. We cant use it for blu ray

movies because our blu ray player, the ps3 is not allowed to be hooked up with the LED TV. We

cant use it for games also because the xbox and ps3 aren't supposed to be near it. As you can see

my situation is REALLY bad my parents just spent $5000 on a new TV and there are no games, no

movies, and no cable only digital TV and the only thing that I can think of in my area that shows

things in HD is the news. I mean I guess I can understand not wanting the new TV broken because

its so expensive and we're not rich otherwise we would have cable, and all these other great things.

but if we're just going to use it for regular digital TV and NOTHING else, I really believe we should

have gotten just another crappy SD TV instead of spending $5000 on this. Do you think so too?

So will my old version xbox or ps3 damage the LED TV in any way?
I really don't think that it was the console either. Where I live the power goes out often unexpectadly. And we don't have a surge protector. I think thats what destroyed it.



Answer
Nah, it shouldn't cause any harm. My friend has a LED TV and she uses xbox all the time.

Which is better plasma or led tv?




Sam


im thinking of buying a new tv and im going to play alot on my xbox 360. So which is better for it?


Answer
LED is just a form of LCD. While the LED backlight improves the color, contrast, and blacks of a LCD set, it does not fix the inherent refresh flaws of the technology. So you can still suffer from motion blur (ghost trails). However, I think all LED sets are at least 120Hz refresh if not 240Hz. It is as good as LCD can offer you to cope with the issue.


LCD is a matte finish, so can be better for rooms with too much ambient light. LCDs on the whole tend to use less power than Plasma (and CRT). However, not all models are made equal. Also there are now Plasmas that can compete on that front as well.

LCDs are the better choice however in smaller sets. That's why you'll not see the major plasma manufacturers making sets in under 40". You just don't get the advantages of Plasma in smaller sets as much (and definitely not in a bang-for-buck scenario). So size does matter in your decision making process.

Plasma's suffer from a number of myths. Modern plasmas do not suffer burn-in, not half decent brands at least. They have come a long way since their early days. To play it safe you can condition the TV. For the first 100-200 hours, keep the contrast and brightness cranked down. Then optimize and enjoy.

Plasmas do not have shorter life spans. There are Plasmas rated to 100,000 hours that cost way less than LCDs. At 8 hours a day, 365 days a year, that's 30+ years of life. Every model, LCD or Plasma is different. Neither technology is inferior on this front.

Plasmas do not have problems with high altitudes anymore. Again, early models had this flaw, but modern ones do not. You can own a plasma safely in mile high Denver, so unless you're in the Himalayas, you should be fine.

For plasma, go with Panasonic. They are the best, affordable, option out there for you. Pioneer Kuro Elite is technically better, but the price tag is steep. Samsung and LG make reasonably well reviewed sets as well if you just don't dig Panasonic.

If you need an LCD, because of size or preference, Samsung is the world leader. Sony and Sharp also make really strong sets too. In the 26" - 37" range, Panasonic is actually a top tier choice as well. While known for their plasmas, they actually make extremely top notch LCDs in that size. LG does make some good LCDs as well, but do your homework on the models.

Plasma has a near instantaneous refresh rate (like CRT) and suffers no motion blur problems. Plasma has superior colors, blacks, and contrast, even to LED LCDs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will using my xbox damage an LED TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment