Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What do I need in a ultimate gaming room?

led tv 4k
 on Related: HDTV , led , Rachel Cericola , research SONY VS SAMSUNG
led tv 4k image



lexii


I'm doing a makeover for my room and I want to know like what I would need in my room to have it like the ultimate gaming room.


Answer
ultimate gaming room? I have one such plan for myself when I win the lottery. it's the ULTIMATE gaming room (also home theater and music).

Display:
you playing on console or PC? the display choices are different depending on platform. if you do both then go with the PC monitor.
Console: 1080p theater-grade projector IMO better than a 80" LED 1080p TV.
PC: Toshiba 55ZL2G 55" 3D autosteroscopic 4K TV. consoles will not support a 4K TV, there's no point getting this 4K TV unless the console supports it. In fact, PCs will barely support this. just way too many mind-blowing pixels! (8.3 MP!)
autosteroscopic means you have 3D without those retarded glasses.

again for speakers:
go with a premium Bose or Creative (Bose being much more expensive) THX 5.1 or better surround sound system if on console. only get speakers with as many channels your console supports, there's no point going with a 8.1 if the console only supports 5.1. might actually degrade audio if you force a 5.1 system to drive 8.1 speakers!
if on PC just go nuts. PC's have much better audio abilities than consoles. your choice of vacuum amp or digital amp (I prefer vacuum- the glow of the tubes ads a nice touch) designer top notch dedicated woofers, plaster tweeters, and mid range speakers. 400-1200W depends on size of room.
Of course, you'd also need a decent sound card! like creative sound blaster xfi-fatality (for gaming)

system:
consoles of your choice. consoles are prone to overheating, what I'd do is pop the cover, upgrade the heatsinks and use silent fans to greatly improve cooling (warning: may void warranty).

PCs you'd need a crazy system to support a 4K TV at decent frame rates. I suggest the older LGA 1366 platform- the EVGA SR-2 mobo with two Xeon CPUs, 48 GB ram, Win 7 (or vista) Professional x64, and I figure you'd need at least two nVidia GTX 590's to drive the display. this display requires 4xHDMI 1.4 cables. well it'll be best if you can put FOUR 590s in SLI x16 config if you can afford it. if you do you might as well add in liquid cooling/TEC since there's no way you'd air cool it!
Although LGA1366 is being phased out I don't see any new system that has 24 CPUs (12 physical), supports 48 GB DDR3-1600 ram, and has 7 PCI-e slots for up to FOUR graphics cards all going at 16X!
you'll also need RAID 5 array of SATA3 SSD's for your data and games. I mean, the basic hardware costs as much as a car, you probably shouldn't cheap out on the storage!

as for furnishings and stuff, we all have our own tastes...
I dunno if wood paneling (solid wood, none of that particle board crap), leather sofas (all natural), hand laid hardwood floor, small bar, sheepskin rug is what you have in mind...

I'm in the market for a 60 to 70 inch LCD or plasma. which do you recommend?




wolverin02


I'm willing to spend a bit (3-4k) but I want the best picture quality for the price. Its going in a well lit room with lots of windows so I prefer a brighter one.


Answer
I will tell you that if you plan on putting it in a bright room I wouldn't recommend a Plasma. Whether the TV is a 32" or a 65" it still has 2 million pixels. All that you have done is stretch the pixels...on a plasma this would not be a problem because of the refresh rate (600Hz or 0.001ms) which is a 1000 x's faster then the fastest LCD which has a refresh rate of 240Hz or 3ms.

When you have pixels that big the LCD cannot refresh fast enough for you not to see pixelation during fast-action movies or sports. Plasma however being so fast you cant really notice any pixelation(bubbles around fast movement).

Being that you are going to be putting this in a bright room I dont recommend plasma because of the glass. You are safe with a 55" LED LCD with a 240Hz refresh rate. One that I might recommend is the UN55B8000 or UN55B8500 which are Samsung's Top Model LED LCD's.

LED LCD have almost as good of colors as a plasma, so your not losing much(if any)contrast by going with the LED LCD.

Best of luck to you on your purchase!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I need in a ultimate gaming room?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment