Saturday, August 17, 2013

What makes 3d led tv better than others like it?

led tv backlight
 on specifications of lg 42le5300 led lcd tv 42 screen size backlight led ...
led tv backlight image






What makes 3d led tv better than others like it?


Answer
There has been a lot of hype and confusion surrounding the introduction of "LED" Televisions. Even many marketing representatives and sales professionals that should know better are falsely explaining what an LED Television is to their prospective customers.

To set the record straight, it is important to note that the LED designation refers to the backlight system used in some newer LCD Televisions, not the chips that produce the image content.

LCD chips and pixels do not produce their own light. In order for an LCD television to produce a visible image the LCD's pixels have to be "backlit". For more specifics on the backlighting process needed for LCD Televisions,

LED TVs are still LCD TVs. It is just that these new sets use LED backlights rather than the fluorescent-type backlights used in most other LCD TVs.

In other words, LED TVs should actually be labeled LCD/LED TVs.

How LED Technology is Used In LCD TVs

The are currently two main ways that LED backlighting is applied in LCD flat panel televisions.

One type of LED backlighting is referred to as Edge Lighting. In this method, a series LED backlights are placed along the outside edges of the screen. The light is then dispersed across the screen. The advantage of this method is that the LED/LCD TV can be made very thin. On the other hand, the disadvantage of Edge lighting is that black levels are not as deep and the edge area of the screen has a tendency to be brighter than the center area of the screen.

The other type of LED backlighting is referred to as Full-Array. In this method, several rows of LEDs are placed behind the entire surface of the screen. The advantage is that these sets can employ "local dimming". Local dimming means that each LED or a specific group of LEDs can be turned on and off independently within certain areas of the screen, thus providing more control of the brightness and darkness for each those areas, depending on the source material being displayed. On the other hand, LCD TVs that employ full array backlighting are thicker than LCD TVs that employ an Edge-lit LED light source.

If you are considering the purchase of an LED/LCD Television, find out which brands and models are currently using the Edge or Full Array method and take of a look at each type when you go shopping to see which type of LED backlighting looks best to you.

Why does my led tv buzz when I dim the lights in my room?




Ryan


I've read other people have had the same problem with led tv's, but usually their problem is corrected when they turn the backlight on their tv all the way up. My tv still buzzes at any backlight setting. I live in a somewhat new house, I wouldn't think that's its a problem with the wiring. When my room lights are turned all the way up their is a faint buzz, but when I dim my lights in my room the buzz gets much louder and I can hear it over the tv at times during quiet scenes. Would a power conditioner help me? or should I consider a replacement tv? Thanks in advance for any help.


Answer
Wow....I use a dimmer and my LED is unaffected. I would change the coaxial cable between the wall and the Cable box (or TV receiver) and/or the coaxial cable (if you're using one) between cable box and TV. I'm suspecting a loose ground shield may cause this type of problem. The dimmer switch itself is probably radiating some noise that's being picked up by the TV. I'm thinking that replacing the TV may not eliminate the problem.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What makes 3d led tv better than others like it?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment