Wednesday, February 5, 2014

how can I mount a led tv to a masonry stone fireplace?




Seather


The masonry stones are 1/2 ft thick 1/2 wide, and they cover my brick fireplace. What type of drill bit do I need. can I just mount the tv to the masonry stones, or could it make the fireplace collapse I was going to mount tv to ceiling in front of fireplace but there are no beams there.
Correction 1/2 ft thick and 1/2 ft wide.



Answer
glue

Can i mount a TV on dry wall with Snaptoggle?




ymoney


I recently purchased a new 65in led TV its about 100lbs and i wanted to mount it over my fire place. The problem is there are no wall studs above my fireplace. I think the fireplace is just for decorations, but i was wondering if i can use a Snaptoggle to hang to tv. It says it can support 356lb, but my question is will it tear up the drywall or can i hang it?

if you don't know what snaptoggles are heres a http://www.toggler.com/products/snaptoggle/overview.php
Thank you!



Answer
No, the drywall won't take the weight.

Buy or borrow an electronic stud finder and use it to find the studs: They're probably either 18 or 24" apart, and most likely close to either side of the fireplace opening.
Most builders won't put up drywall without supports at least every 24" OC (on center).
An electronic stud finder ~should~ cost somewhere around $25 (Canadian price, about close to the US one.)
You can buy a bracket to support the tv, one that runs horizontally and is attached to the studs. Or maybe it came with one alread...

Here's a link to a Home Depot How-to about mounting big tvs:
http://tinyurl.com/8yx6wno

Googling for "mounting a flat screen tv on a wall" will lead you to other how-tos, and videos.

There's a good How-to on the Fine Homebuilding web site, too, but my computer's acting up tonight and I can't link to it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can I mount a led tv to a masonry stone fireplace?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment