Thursday, February 6, 2014

LCD or LED TV for Gaming?

Q. I don't have that much money so I would rather get a LCD TV,but is paying extra for LED worth it? And what brands are the best for the money.If i was to get a LCD,I would get a Sony Bravia.Also since I am broke.Should I pay more for 1080p? I can get a 32 inch Sony Bravia 720p or a can get a 26 inch Vizio Edge lit LED tv.I would put it in my room,and my room isn't that big so yeah..just to play games and if i was to buy a blu ray player,,for movies also.

Thanks


Answer
LCD's have a fast enough refresh rate that will not affect your input lag. It's not like 5 years ago when refresh rates were 16ms and higher.

Be careful with LED tv's, there are two types of LED back light, full array and edge lit. Full array has the LED's across the entire back of the anel as in a traditional CCFL ( LCD ) back light The other most common is edge lit LED where the LED's are moved to the edge of the bezel to make the tv even thinner.The light is guided to the center of of the display from the edges. Edge lit suffers from picture uniformity, where the edges or corners appear whiter than the rest of the panel, so in dark scenes you see light bleed through. Also some complain that whites are not true whites, that the picture has a tinge of blue to it, even with the color warmth adjusted. The reason is that the LED is actually blue and coated with a phosphor to turn it white.

You have to look at manufacturer and models and read reviews to se what LED's are best and have the best picture if you plan to go that way.

BTW, the motion blur and refresh rate scare is really dependent on the tv maker. I have 2 60mhz refresh rate tv's, one is a 42" Aquos that I also use as a gaming monitor for my PC and have no blur, and no issues with frame rates at 5ms. I've seen some Vizio's with awful motion blur and other models with none. 120hz refresh rate is best for 3d gaming but certainly not absolutely necessary for gaming. My Asus 23" LCD pc monitor is just as nice as a tv and rocks for gaming as well. See the reviews to get an idea of how a normal LCD panel games.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

Different brands - LED TV Prices?




Shravan


Can I have the price list of different brands of 32" FULL HD LED TV??

Planning to buy one, wanted to know which one is the cheapest.



Answer
I was just googling and came across this Samsung UN32D4000 LED HDTV. The UN32D4000 delivers a clear and captivating picture in 720p HD resolution. Even when it's off, it's easy on the eye, with an ultra-thin bezel, sleek form factor, and Samsung's "Touch of Color" design.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: LCD or LED TV for Gaming?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment