Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How do I keep my Xbox 360 clean and damage free?

led tv heat output
 on SPST 12VDC Automotive Safety Switch, Lighted-Marlin P. Jones & Assoc ...
led tv heat output image



jim


I have a brand new Xbox360. I want to take very good care of it and use it for many years as possible. What's the best way to keep it clean, dust free, and undamaged? I have my Xbox on open entertainment shelf next to ceiling to floor height balcony window, my balcony window door is always open as I don't have AC in my condo. Any suggestions?


Answer
I to am pretty intense with my Xbox 360's care. Ive done some looking around and searches for this stuff, number one thing is if you have any discs spinning in the drive, or the xbox is on with a disc in it, DO NOT move it, not even the slightest bit... This wrecks both the drive, and disc.

To avoid the RROD (red rings of the death - best you look this up to on google etc.) do not keep your Xbox turned on for any extensive periods of time. About 8-10 hours on at once is pretty long, and could over-heat your Xbox. Ensure no fabrics or materials are covering your Xbox, it has reasonable ventilation and usually standing it upright can avoid any heat problems. Nevertheless, its more dangerous and lying it horizontally will work just as well.

Your balcony windows being open should be fine, however, make sure no fine dust is building up at the rear on your console. Any wet, humid conditions can damage the circuiting over time also (happened with my PSP) so keep your Xbox as dry as possible.

Static from TV sets and other electronic devices attracts dust in quite heavy amounts. A very light solution of fabric softener and water can cancel out this effect for about a week or two, Thought it must be applied very lightly to any surfaces with a paper towel, and is not recommended for Plasma, LCD or LED screens...

Insure your Xbox is always on a flat surface, that isnt balancing on any unstable grounds (soft thick carpets, blankets etc.). Make sure all cables leading into it have enough room to lead out, then towards their input (so they are not on a tight angle from the Xbox output, damaging the head on the cable). Place all cables in an area where you can not trip over them. Try to keep a distance between your Xbox and your TV set, for heat and radiation reasons. Around 1 meter from the center of the screen is enough I think.

Don't place any sharp, serrated or blunt objects the Xbox case, such as coffee mugs, DVD players, scissors etc. Don't let animals crawl on them too (I know from personal experience...)

Those are a few things I know, and I know there are plenty others you can do ... But by the way, if your under 18, and you say this on your Xbox Live gamertag, Xbox Live will cancel your purchasing of many free online content. So I'd say lie about your age with that...

Happy gaming, glad your not a Sony fanboy :)

How much power is wasted on the LED clock on a microwave oven in a year? Gas Oven? (in the US) Thanks.?




Mark L


I had seen somewhere on the web that the typical use of a microwave oven would use more power for the LED clock in 10 years time then cooking. Looking to learn more.


Answer
After reading your question, I used my "Kill-A-Watt" meter and measured the consumption of my microwave oven.

The base load of the microwave is 2 watts. This number did not fluctuate based on the LED display. This is basically the power consumption of the electronic controls.

2 watts x 24 hours x 365 days x 10 years = 175,200 watt-hours or 175 kWh.

When operating at 100% power, my microwave oven draws 1750 watts. (1.75 kW) A bag of microwave popcorn takes about 3-minutes or 1/20th of an hour. (0.05 hours)

1.75 kW x 0.05 hours = 0.0875 kWh

Microwave frozen dinners take a bit longer, but boiling a cup of water for instant coffee or tea takes less time. I will assume that the average microwave "event" takes 3 minutes or the 0.0875 kWh.

If we assume a average of three microwave events per day, in one year this amounts to:

0.0875 kWh per event x 3 events x 365 days = 96 kWh.

Actually 2-watts is pretty low. Other applicances such as VCR's and TV's generally draw much more when they are turned off.

P.S. No, I don't have a supercharged microwave oven. It is rated 1200 watts, but that is the output used to heat the food. The actual power consumption from the electric utility is 1750 watts at full power. (measured with the Kill-A-Watt)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I keep my Xbox 360 clean and damage free?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment