Sunday, August 4, 2013

I need a HD tv that will resist image burn or image retention?

led tv ghosting
 on Samsung UN46C7000 un46c7000 led tv
led tv ghosting image



samurai_ar


I have a very old and used 2009 Phillips hd tv right now. I do ALOT of console gaming on it with friends. It gets 'image burn' or 'ghost images' very very easily now, even if the image is on the screen for only like two minutes. I have adjusted the brightness and contrast settings, but to no avail.

So Im thinking of getting a new lcd/led hd tv, 42". One that hopefully resist the image burn better. Will 120 hertz make a difference with the image burn since its a higher re-fresh rate?

And can anyone give me some good suggestions if they have any? Id like to keep it under $1,500 if at all possible.


Also unfortunately due to space constraints getting a computer monitor is out of the question.

Thank you!



Answer
Regardless of what brand you choose, there are things you can do to prevent image burn in on your set. The best thing you can do is turn down the contrast. LCDs and LEDs are better at preventing image burn in than CRT or plasma. Although the burn in issue isn't what it was years ago, there can still be a problem with it in the modern sets..
This link has a good article about it.

http://lifehacker.com/5982108/is-burn+in-still-an-issue-on-tvs-and-monitors

One way to repair image burn in is to create a screen saver that is nothing but a white screen. Hook up your computer to your TV and turn the brightness up as high as it will go. Let it run for about two hours and this will eliminate any burn in problem you have. Of course the best thing to do is not let it happen in the first place. I haven't been into video games for many years but if I did go back to playing them, I would go to Goodwill and buy a refurbished set just for video games. You can get a refurbished 32" LCD set for $125 with a 30 day guarantee.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this?




Mustangman


I got a Panasonic TC-P50S60 50" 1080p Plasma TV. Anyways, it has a slight crease on the back right side in the metal if you are looking at it from behind. It's not a dent, just a slight crease in the metal. The crease is very small but you can see it looking at it from a side angle. It does not affect the operation of the TV at all. This is the second one I have of its kind due to the fact that the first one I received had cracking noises going on. This one has much less of that and when it does it's really not even loud like the other. So the cracking issue is solved. However my main question is, would you consider that slight crease a defect and if you got the TV and it had that slight crease would you return it and try to get another one? Just wanted to get some second opinions. If I were to return it again it would be my third one of this kind. I'm wondering if I'd look foolish returning it for that when everything else works. Just wondering what you guys would do. Thanks in advance for the answers!


Answer
Never feel foolish for returning an item. I returned my Mac Book Pro Retina twice because of manufactured defects. I would return it and begin searching for a LED TV NOT a Plasma TV. My cousin purchased a Plasma TV a few years back and I told him to return but he never did. Now he complains about how the "ghost" of his playstation home screen being visible is stuck on his TV and wont go away. If you watch a lot of news, or a specific channel that has a logo on the bottom side of the screen, if that stays there for a while, its "ghost" will remain there.

I hope this was helpful.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a HD tv that will resist image burn or image retention?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment