Thursday, August 8, 2013

Should I get a projector or tv for my home theater?

best led hd tv to buy
 on LG 47LX6500 47-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED Plus LCD HDTV
best led hd tv to buy image



the man


I'm building a home theater with surround sound and whatnot, I just need the main part now. I can't decide whether to buy a HD projector or TV. I've heard that the display qualities of the projectors are lower than that of TV's in general, but others say that it's just because the screen is so large. I want to be able to mount the screen in front of a TV so I can watch the news without feeling like I need to get popcorn, so is there a way to mount it from a stand or something? I've also heard that the bulbs need replacing every few years for like 400 bucks...

The main question though, is quality. Compared to, say, and LED set, does a projector's color and 1080p look as good? Or better?

And which company/price range/model should I stick to?
Thanks @Alex, I have the couch about 15 feet away, and there is a window in the room but I'm probably going to be watching movies at night anyways. I'm mounting the screen in front of the TV so I can retract it when I want to watch other things, thanks a lot!



Answer
The answer does depend on factors like the layout of your room.

Will you be viewing from over 12 feet away?
Can you keep out all external light even during daylight hours?
If the answer to both of these is yes, then a projector may be right for you.

I want the best picture quality I can afford.
I can put furnature wherever gives me the best viewing position.
The answer is probably a TV.

To get a cinematic experience from a TV, you need a very big TV and to sit very close to it.
I've got a 60" plasma and a viewing distance of about 8 feet.
If I view it from 18 feet, you can't tell the difference between HD and SD.
From 8 foot, SD looks rubbish. 1080p looks fantastic though.
From 12 feet both SD and HD are watchable, but it's not as cinematic.

I've painted the wall behind the TV black, so when the lights are out there's no light wash from the wall behind, the picture just floats.

Some projectors are very poor, even the HD ones. You get what you pay for. By the time the bulb goes once or twice you'll probably be considering buying your next upgrade anyway, so don't worry too much about that, just factor it in to the purchase cost decision.

Some 50 inch TVs are very good for a sensible price, but make sure to do your research because there are still a few howlers out there, not all of them the cheapest ones.

What do you recommend for my PlayStation 3?




Greg H


I want to get surround sound for my PlayStation 3 and I was wondering if you have any recommendations on what I should get. When I check out best buy it all "theater systems". I just want surround sound, not a new blue rye DVD... etc.

I am also planning on what type of HD/LCD TV, what type should I get.

(I play Call of Duty 5, games like that)

Website links will and store names will help.

Any help?



Answer
This isn't a question that can be answered in 1000 characters but ill try my best.

First lets start with HDTV. Do not buy sony. I know your thinking its sony, Ps3 is Sony. Yes, Yes it is. But Sony TV's are over priced. I'm not saying they are not great tv's but there are brands that are cheaper in pricer and better quality.

So with that said.
Go with a Samsung. Now I'm not sure of your price range is. If you got 3000 and some change to spend the buy a new Samsung 46"+ LED TV. Don't feel bad if you don't most people don't. Now if you want just a LCD an really amazing LCD by samsung is the 550 series or the 650 Series ToC. There's no real reason to buy higher then a 650 series unless your going to buy a 950 series which has a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. I'm not sure of that price.

But anways a 650 Series Samsung is an amazing TV. Be sure to get get a 40+ inch LCD because they may look big in the store but trust me a 40" compared to a 46" is a very noticable difference.
Okay I think I've touched enough on that

As for Surround sound. This is more complicated. But. If your looking for a HTIB (Home Theater In a Box) look at onkyo ht-s6100 or a onkyo ht-s7100. The 7100 is a 7.1 that for a starter Home Theater is amazing. If your not an Audiophile then don't worry about ever getting anything bigger then it. Incase you have the thought of a bose system. Its a great system but very overpriced. In time once you learn more about audio etc you can upgrade in a few years

I've shopped for 6 months for HDTV and Surround sound and. Yesterday I finally completed my home theater. I have a 120hz 46" 650 series Samsung. A Ht-s7100 onkyo 7.1 home theater. And a 80gb Mgs4 ps3. I know all of it is compatiable.

Once you get everything set up. You will never want to watch a movie in non hd. Heck I don't even wanna go to the movies. When I can sit at home. And eat and laugh, pause, whatever ya want and never miss a movie of a action packed movie.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I get a projector or tv for my home theater?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment