Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I have a problem connecting my Compaq pc to my Samsung LED tv?

led tv with pc input
 on LED TV&Monitor Backlight CCFL Backlight,LED Backlight Kits,TV Parts,PC ...
led tv with pc input image



Lio


I have this Compaq Destktop Pc and I would like to connect it to my Samsung Led TV. My TV only supports an HDMI connection & My PC only supports a VGA connection, but that is not the real problem. I got a VGA to DVI Addapter & a DVI to HDMI Addapter and an HDMI Cable, so was recommended on my local RadioShack store. So I guess for connection I am settled, but the problem is that my TV does identify a connection made but no picture appears when I switch to HDMI input. What am I missing? & What could I possible do? I need a solution since I've beeb trying this for some time & I have run out of time to return some of the stuff in case It doesnt work out & this is a very pricey thing to do.
I did change my TV picture mode to HDMI1 which is the one recommended by the TV's Consumer manual for PC connections.
I did change my TV picture mode to HDMI1 which is the one recommended by the TV's Consumer manual for PC connections.



Answer
Your problem is the VGA to DVI adapter. A passive adapter only changes pin arrangements, not signal types. Most (nearly all) VGA signals are analog, while DVI and HDMI are digital. They are not compatible. So you are not set for connections (Radio Shack either didn't know this or just wanted to sell you gear - either way it's inexcusable). What you need is an active converter - they have their own power supply and electronics to convert analog to digital, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VJ9â¦

Note that it has accommodated audio also, which VGA (Video Graphics Array) does not. This is just one example - there are many others - search [vga to hdmi converter] to find them.
Note, too, that this skips the DVI step altogether - you don't need it. However, do be aware that you are starting with a PC's digital signal, converting to VGA analog, then converting back to digital with a 3rd-party, relatively cheap A->D converter, which will probably degrade image quality a bit.
Are you positive the TV only has HDMI? Most have a VGA (sometimes labeled RGB or PC In) and a 3.5mm jack to go with it for audio. This would be higher quality (and cheaper) if you can locate it. I can't imagine a Samsung digital TV with no PC input. Check again (or provide a model number so we can check online). Hope this helps... Good luck!

How to set up speakers for my media player?




Bryan Patr


I have an asus oplay mini and i am thinking of getting either e 2.1 or 5.1 speaker. However I am not sure if I should connect it on my led tv or to the media player itself which has the red white yellow cables.

One more thing is the speaker i was looking are the one's used for desktops or laptops, I can't seem to find the one's that came with bluray or dvd players.



Answer
This is the thing. For most PC speakers, 2.1 speakers are just stereo sepeakers with a subwoofer, they use a crossover to get the bass frequencies from the stereo signal from the stereo signal fed to it. The 5.1 PC speakers do that for stereo input mode. To get actual 5.1 audio, they mostly have discrete 5.1 input , which most modern desktop PCs have. The oplay likely has a digital or optical out, that means you need a separate (not easy to find) Dolby decoder to use with PC 5.1 speakers, and won't get that great of a sound.

Home Theater -in-a-box systems (the ones with a DVD surround in one) often just decode 5.1 from the DVD - the only inputs are stereo, which at best can provide pro-logic surround. The speaers that come with them are made for them as part of a system.

Real surround for other devices is achieved with a surround receiver, which has a decoder, controls, and amplifiers for all the speakers other than the subwoofer, usually. With those, you buy the speakers separately, including an amplified subwoofer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have a problem connecting my Compaq pc to my Samsung LED tv?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment