Monday, December 9, 2013

What is the difference between and LCD, LED, or a plasma screen TV?

best led tv for 700
 on Tv led philips 40pfl5007h - Achat / Vente T�l�viseur LED - Cdiscount ...
best led tv for 700 image



Jordan


I'm looking for a new TV and was wondering what the difference between these were. Do they look any different on different size TVs.


Answer
LED is not as nice as the other two, but less expensive to repair.

LCD and Plasma are neck and neck on picture quality.

LCD is so expensive to fix that you would do better to get a new TV if anyone ever breaks it. It is HIGHLY fragile because it is made of liquid crystals within thin sheets of glass that are encased in a solid pane that won't prevent a thing if it gets dropped.

Plasma is subject to "burn in" which is an irreversible image that can remain burned into the picture if it is left on "pause" for 10+ hours, though most new Plasma TVs have found a way around that w/new technological improvements to their design.

Plasma is known to have a shelf life of 10 yrs. That is with constant use. I paid $700 for a 55" Plasma screen at a pawn shop. It's got a big, beautiful screen, and according to the manufacturer's label on the back its already 3 years old. I asked the man behind the counter why it was so low in cost. I'd been watching it for a year and he just took $1,000 off of it. He told me it was because of it's reputation for burn in and needing to be "charged" again after 10 years (another cost that may be more sensible to just purchase a new TV instead). The way I figure it, I've got about 7 years left (I really don't even WATCH tv, much less constantly!) so that puts me at about $100 a year. I will probably want a new TV in 7 years anyway.

Does the Samsung Series 6 have a completely LED screen?




Ryan


I just bought a series 6 LED and I heard it was not completely LED and that just the outline is. Then I heard that the series 8 LEDs are completely LED.


Answer
The series 6 Samsung is an LCD type TV.. If you want a really good LED TV, look at the Samsung Luxia 600, 700 or 8000 series 9.!. You do not want to get a 'side-lit' LED.. You want a full backlit LED!! They are a bit pricey, but the pictures are extremely good and bright, with excellent contrast ratios. A full backlit LED has a viewing angle as good or better than a plasma!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the difference between and LCD, LED, or a plasma screen TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment