Monday, January 27, 2014

Need a hdtv with a glossy screen finish or a darker glass finish, please help?

led tv with matte screen
 on ... Rev C2 New 10.1
led tv with matte screen image



John Thomp


I am looking for a hdtv that is preferrably still available in store now that has the following key features in them:

I want the tv to have a glossy screen finish rather than a matte screen finish. It would be great if it was a glass finish but as long as it is a glossy finish and the key is that I am able to see my reflection in the tv. Now the problem is that with the plasma tv's the screen is glossy and everything but the screen itself it like a light grey glass. I preferr a a little darker screen finish but still be able to see my reflection in it. The whole idea is that I want the colors to be popping out and the colors to be vivid and intense exactly like how it used to be with my old CRT TV. Something like the glass like finish of the Dell Laptop would be nice.

I noticed with the plasma tvs is that it isn't too bright the picture. I prefer a very vivid and vibrant picture with the colors popping out. The problem with LCD TV's is that the picture has like a cloud like cover because it is a matte finish on most of the LCD Tvs. A lot of the LED TV's are not that great either. However what I am looking for again is a tv with a gloss screen or a glass screen finish the glass has to be a bit darker than say the panasonic plasma tv's so that I can be sure to be able to see my reflection in it and for the colors to be popping out and vibrant and hopefully no cloud cover like the LCD TV's. Can you please give me an exact model name and number and where in the local stores can I find this tv on display. I must have tried like 10 to 12 hdtvs in the past 2 years and none of them so far have met all my needs. Hopefully there is still a tv out there that will satisfy me all the way. Let me know the details. Thanks
Hi LG sherman, the thing is I want it to be very glossy with a glass like finish not a matte finish at all and another thing I don't want 3d or the internet. That is not important. What's important is the glass like finish and the tv to be reflective and the type of screen to be a little darker than the panasonic plasma tv. Another thing is I want the colors to be popping out without being covered by a cloud. Thanks.



Answer
Hello, John Thomponian! LG WRman Sherlock here!

The LG LM series TVs come with a semi-matte finish on the screens. They are definitely reflective, but not by much. In addition, the LM series TVs are all LED TVs with IPS panels, so you will definitely get a bright, vivid picture. Definitely check them out the next time you go looking at TVs!

The LM series consist of the LM6200, LM6400, LM6700, LM7600, LM8600, and LM9600.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Is there a big difference between matte and glossy screens?




Bacon


The laptop that I want only comes in matte.
My old desktop and college laptops are in matte and the quality is just terrible when compared to my glossy 15" laptop or 40" LED TV.

I can barely look at them, I get eye strain and feel depressed.. which is somewhat strange...

I'm unsure if it's because my desktop is a few years older and the screens on the laptops have bad graphics cards or perhaps they have damage-resistant layers?

Anyway, could you tell me just how different matte is from glossy.
I get 0 reflections on my current glossy screen as my lamp and lights in the house all have shades. In my bedroom the windows face the back of my laptop, hence no glare.

Thank you



Answer
Hi troll,

Glossy screens have vibrant colors and high contrast and brightness because they have a smooth, high-gloss surface. Glossy screens use optical coating to reduce the amount of reflected external light. Their shiny surfaces reflect more light than matte displays. In controlled environments, such as darkened rooms, or rooms where all light sources are diffused, a glossy display may be more enjoyable for the viewer.

Matte screens have anti-glare finish, to scatter the reflected light. Matte screens diffuse light instead of reflecting it so they might be easier to read outdoors, if the backlight provides enough brightness.This characteristic, however, has a number of side effects, which include scattering the light from the display and increasing the blur. Additionally, it results in reduction of the contrast ratio, color intensity, and viewing angle.

Hope the information is useful to you.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need a hdtv with a glossy screen finish or a darker glass finish, please help?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment