Friday, September 27, 2013

What's the best refresh rate for a TV that will be used mainly for gaming?

led tv eye problems
 on New 55
led tv eye problems image



.


I've read that a slower rate (like 60hz) would be better for a gaming TV? But I've also heard that a faster would be better too, so I'm unsure with which to go with. Any advice?


Answer
plasmas run at 60 hz which is best for anything that moves fast. plasmas do not have motion problems.

lcd/led have motion problems so they created 120 hz and 240 to try and make it look better... if you have a good eye. you will hate the way lcd/led's look when things move fast

How to clean the 3 lenses on my projection TV ?




flarnt


I have an older 65 inch Hitaci TV (65F59) . The picture has been getting darker over the years with the bright up now to 100%. I assume it's due to dust on the 3 projecter lights inside. I plan to one day take TV apart then clean the dust, dirt, etc.

Does anyone know what to use, how to do it or a link to a website who specializes in big TV's

Thanks



Answer
How old is it?

Rear projection TVs also lose color. I had a 40' rear projection Mitsubishi for 25 years, picture was getting darker and the green beam was fading. $50 for house call, he boosted the green beam and told me that you are better off buying a new LCD, LED or Plasma than spending any more - average life of rear projection is 10-12 years.

Phone an authorized Hitachi TV repair place and talk to a tech. These people have probably dealt with problems like this a lot of times and they could give you what the problem is. Dimming picture likely means dimming lights. They can also let you know about $$$$$ for changing the 3 beams.

It will likely be cheaper to buy a new LCD TV. The new TVs are much easier on the eyes with super sharp print and vibrant colors.

When I purchaaed my 42" LG HD TV I had only wished I bought it much sooner (except I was waiting for prices to come down)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the best refresh rate for a TV that will be used mainly for gaming?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment