Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Can using a computer as input damage a TV?

led tv dimensions
 on tx-l42et5b-panasonic-viera-42inch-smart-led-tv-dimensions.jpg
led tv dimensions image



Dean


I got a new TV and hooked it up to my computer for about 90 minutes. After that it died. Is it possible that the computer that was using it as a display could cause damage to it, or did I probably just get a bad TV that was basically DOA? I'm really worried about ever trying that again now. I've seen a lot of stuff about doing that with TVs and I did it with my old tube TVs before, but I just don't know what to think about these LCD/LED TVs (this is the first one I've really used much). Is my paranoia justified or should it be impossible for my computer/video card to break a television?


Answer
Depends on the model, probably.

Some LCD TVs have a VGA input that allows the TV to double as a monitor. It is also possible that some models can be damaged by displaying a static image (such as the taskbar/dock at the bottom) for too long, or if the video card sends a display rate or video dimensions that the TV cannot handle.

I'm inclined to think your TV simply was a lemon and should be returned for warranty replacement.

What are the measurements of the bezel on a Samsung UN46B8000 LED TV?




Mike D


I've tried calling Samsung, e-mailing, and "chatting" and no one could answer the question. I'm researching this TV as a replacement for an instructional simulator and it's important to know the dimensions of the Bezel around the TV. No local places sell this model.

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.



Answer
44.5w x 1.2d x 27.1h (inch) / 1130.9w x 31d x 687.5h (mm)

There you go....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can using a computer as input damage a TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment