Sunday, February 23, 2014

Can I call a LED LCD, Plasma & Smart TV a HDTV? Or is HDTV another type of TV?

Q. Just wondering.


Answer
An HDTV is a TV that has High Definition resolution. HD is either 720p, or 1080p (considered Full HD) now, 1080i is pretty much dead.

Nowadays, every LED LCD, Plasma & Smart TV are HDTV, so yes, to answer your question.

To clarify, LED LCD & plasma refer to the technology of the screen to display the picture. Due to them been quite popular now, they do not make them in non HD resolution anymore. Smart TV refer to a category of more advanced operating systems running on the television, a bit like what iOS is to iPhone, or Windows to PCs. Smart TV is not related to the resolution of the screen (the HD part), but is only put on higher end models, so they are all HDTVs.

Is a Samsung 55'' 1080p 120 hz smart LED HD tv a good tv?!??!?




Michelle W


I just bought a samsung 55'' 1080p 120 hz smart LED HD tv for $1499.99.........someone's now telling me that the hz is too low...that it should be like 600hz for good quality picture....that when watching football, there better quality out there....can someone shed some light on if it's a good deal/tv or what....I feel like because its samsung, and samsung is a better quality tv in general, that the hz wouldn't matter...as compared to a lets say Vizio with 240 hz or something....


Answer
I own a Samsung 55" 1080p "240hz" smart LED HD tv and I love it. If I were you I would spend a little more for the un55d8000 (you ar looking at the un55d6000). The only way you will get 600hz is if you get a plasma. Don't quote me on this but I think an LED tv can only go as fast as 240hz. I play Shooter games on my Xbox and the quality is amazing.

P.s. An LCD tv is the sam as a LED tv. The only difference is that the LED tv uses LED's, which in turn makes it brighter and makes the tv thinner than the LCD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I call a LED LCD, Plasma & Smart TV a HDTV? Or is HDTV another type of TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment