Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Which of these monitors should i buy.. 90/50 or 170/160 viewing angle difference?




JT


The monitor with viewing angle of 90/65 has dvi-d port and 1600x900 and 20 inch screen

the other one with 170/160 angles has 1366x769 and vga port only and 18.5 inch screen

both cost same..

I am confused.. which one should i buy?..

thanks



Answer
Whether or not extreme viewing angles affect your monitor/television enjoyment depends on a lot of things, including the monitor/TV's basic technology, the quality of your specific model, and how extreme of an viewing angle you're talking about.

LCD monitor/televisions have a viewing angle problem. So do LED monitors/TVs, which are really LCDs with LED backlighting. As you move farther to the side and away from the central sweet spot, the picture gets darker and the color duller.

However, there have been huge advances in this technology over the years, and viewing angle is no longer the big problem it once was. In most sets, you have to get to a very extreme angle, so that you're almost looking at the side of the monitor/TV, to notice a real problem. When you come right down to it, looking at the monitor/TV from that angle isn't optimal anyway; any picture will look better when viewed from close to head on.

If you're really worried about viewing angles, buy a plasma set, where there are no viewing angle issues. (Of course, the distortion caused by the angle itself will still be there.) Plasma sets have their own issues--burn-in and heavy power consumption--but these too have been reduced in recent years by improved technology.

These issues are the same with 2D and 3D. However, if you're sitting at a really extreme angle, a 3D image may look more distorted than a 2D one--even on a plasma set.

Should I buy a TV if...?




Anthony


Hello everybody!

I've been looking for a new TV for a few months. I would like a big screen, LED TV. I was in Walmart today, and they had a new 50-inch LED TV, LG brand, 120hz 1080p for $598 (Model # 50LN5100). Since I've been looking for a new TV for a while, I have been pricing them and I know this is a fantastic deal, especially since I'm looking for a name brand TV, not a cheap one that will break in a year. Since I would like to make a good investment since I watch TV a lot, I like to research a product before I buy it. When I tried to look up user ratings, this model was no where to be found. I tried to look on Walmart.com, Amazon and the LG website.

What are your opinions on this? Is this a bad sign? I've heard mixed reactions from my friends saying it's most likely out-of-stock TV that they stopped making, but others have told me it probably has a new model number, so I shouldn't think about that.

Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated!



Answer
Keep in mind that those bargain retail store sell lower end models of the brands model to keep the price down. Manufacturer also change the model numbers for those store. I could reccommend looking for a tv at Sam's Club or Costco, they will at less provide you a 90 day return policy and one extra year of factory warranty at no extra cost. Memembership is around $50. Go online to Home Theater Magaine and read the reviews on tvs, along with the pro and con of each technology. Panasonic is the most reliable tv in the market today and the only Plasma tv being recommended. If you read yahoo questions all the time, you will notice that 95% of tv problems comes from LCD or LED tv and 95% of those are the bargain price tv. Lower end models of LG tv have issue with the circuit board going out on them. I personally have 4 Panasonic plasma tv and never had one issue. Hope this wll help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which of these monitors should i buy.. 90/50 or 170/160 viewing angle difference?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment