Friday, August 30, 2013

Where should I put my tv antenna?

lcd tv near window
 on ... LCD/Plasma TV in Thailand Consumer Electronic Market beneath VRN Brand
lcd tv near window image



K


My tv used to have good reception but recently I moved in to a new apartment and the reception is bad there! Should I put the antenna close to my tv or near the window?

p.s. my tv is a small lcd tv and the antenna isn't cheap costs around $30 something.



Answer
>Should I put the antenna close to my tv or near the window?

You need a length of coax cable so you can experiment! Long enough to reach any possible spot in the apartment would be ideal.

>Should I put the antenna close to my tv

It's unlikely that your TV is in the best spot for reception.

Indoor TV antennas can be very sensitive to location because the materials the building is made from interfere with the TV signals.

>near the window?

That depends. Does the window face the direction the signals come from? Does it have old fashion glass (transparent to TV signals) or new energy efficient glass (can act as a mirror to TV signals).

Any flat metal surface will reflect TV signals, that includes foil backed insulation & metallic window screens. Materials like brick, dirt, and water will absorb TV signals.

Usually the higher you can get the antenna, the better the signal.

It helps to know what direction & distance your local TV transmitters are in. In the US you can find this info at: http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29 If you are somewhere else, eh, where are you ?

Is it really bad for your eyes to watch tv and stare at a computer?




DL


I was wondering if it truly is bad for your eyes to watch a lot of tv and/or sit in front of a computer often. My friends watch more tv than I do and they go on the computer more often as well, but ALL of them have better eyesight than me.


Answer
Yes, it is really bad- aside from the rays/light (whatever), because your staring at objects that are near all the time- your eyes get used to that- which will weaken them. Every 5-10 minutes or so, you should get up and look out of the window at something that's far away and focus on it. It also depends on the type of TV or monitor you're staring into... try to use an LCD flatscreen and reduce the brightness/contrast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where should I put my tv antenna?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment