Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How do I connect my HDTV to local channels without a cable service?

led tv antenna
 on Samsung UE40C7000 LED TV Antenna Adaptor | eBay
led tv antenna image



Life Is Be


My tv is a Samsung 32" 1080p led tv. However I have looked everywhere for how to connect my tv to my city's local channels without a cable service.
These are the connections on my tv
http://m-pisces.bbystatic.com/image/BestBuy_US/images/products/4833/4833556cv2a.jpg;maxHeight=500;maxWidth=500;scaleUp=false

The ant in one looks like one I have in my apartment wall. Do I need that converter box? I thought that was for only older tvs. Do I need an antenna or a cable cord? Please help, I want to watch my local channels.



Answer
The wall outlet is for a paid cable service that you don't have. You *may* be able to get your local channels with a very good indoor antenna, but understand that indoor antennas don't work well (or at all) for many people. It depends on how far away you are from the TV transmitting towers and what's between you and them.

There are a lot of junky indoor antennas for sale that will mostly take your money and do little else. If (and only if) your location is suitable for an indoor antenna, the one to consider is the one in the first link below. If I had to use an indoor antenna, it's the only one I'd buy. It's not the cheapest you can find, but you definitely get what you pay for.

If you want a better prediction on what channels you should be able to get, edit your question with your Zip code (if you're in the U.S.). Or, you can do the research yourself at the 2nd link below.

Is an antenna all I need to receive free digital channels to my HDTV?




Caleb


Today, I bought a brand new Insignia LED HD TV, but it did not come with a built in tuner. What do I need to receive free digital channels?


Answer
Actually your television has a built in HDTV tuner. All new television have a built in digital tuner. You do not need to purchase any digital converter box. All you need to do is to purchase a good indoor or outdoor HDTV antenna and plug it into the back of your television. Then go to your television setup menu and do a channel scan. This will scan all your local channels in your area that you can get for free. No monthly fees.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect my HDTV to local channels without a cable service?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment