Friday, January 3, 2014

Is it safe to plug an air conditioner to my surge protector?

led tv amp draw
 on LED Running Lights & Turn Signal Kit: Polaris Ranger XP HD HO RZR RZRS ...
led tv amp draw image



rangerov49


I have a cyberpower 1030HT, which has a 6000 joule rating. http://reviews.cnet.com/power-equipment/cyberpower-10-outlet-home/4507-3055_7-31746650.html?tag=mncol;rnav (specs) I am planning on buying a 10,000 BTU AC unit. I have a 40 inch samsung LED TV, cable box, Wii, Xbox and blue ray player hooked up to it right now. I want to protect the unit from any voltage spikes due to brown outs, since its common in the summer when grids are at their peek use. Would it be safe to do?


Answer
Well if you want my opinion, the air conditioner is probably gonna be too much amp draw. But these new units have a circuit breaker built in to the ac plug, so it most likely won't hurt anything That would be my concern. The surge protector should do it's job! The AC in my opinion should have it's own outlet or a heavy duty cord rated above the AC amp draw!

I need help with generators/inverters?




John


I am looking for a generator/inverter that is safe to run inside (ex. a bus ride with no cigarette lighters) so it cant be gas powered. I also need it to power an xbox 360 and a small tv. any help?
ps. you can pick the size of the tv and tell me how many watts it is
thanks
Do you think this could power an xbox and a small tv?
http://www.vat19.com/dvds/power-dome-ex-400-watt-compact-generator.cfm?adid=youtube



Answer
You cannot have a generator then.

An Xbox360 draws around 200W. A smaller LED backlit TV (19-22") will draw 30 to 40W or so. You would get a 400W inverter. 300W transates to around 30A from the battery (counting conversion losses)

The hard part would be the batttery, which would be something substantial, and not cheap. If you want several hours playtime, you want a few hundred amp-hours of deep cycle SLA type battery.

My advice would be to find other entertianment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it safe to plug an air conditioner to my surge protector?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment