Friday, January 17, 2014

Would the LG 47lm4600 be a good buy?

led tv 47lm4600
 on LG 47
led tv 47lm4600 image



Toby


I'm looking to upgrade my TV, and I want 3d just because it's an awesome feature. Is this a good TV? I really would only use 3d when I game on the ps3 so that's the big question. Would it be able to handle it, or would it blur? It seems like a good TV but being this would be my first 3d I figured I should ask.


Answer
The tech rating on this display are only good, shading to the weak side. You can do better. Lg's gaming performance is notoriously weak because of a very slow response time. Blur and lag seem to be the most common issues with every gamer I have talked to. In fact the people have told us that they switched out lg for samsung or panasonic plasma or led with at least 120 hz. But the real issue again is the faster response times. We've had people tell us that Lucky Goldstar is crap with a good marketing approach. In essence, serious gamers game on plasma.

Digital Tuner Question/Help?




mike


I just ordered this TV online: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-47LM4600-led-tv?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=AskAndAnswer&utm_content=Default

It has a built in digital tuner. From what I understand, it can convert your cable into HD. If I'm right on that, will the quality of the digital tuner conversion be as good as a direct HDMI input from my cable?

Thanks.



Answer
If you plug the cable from the wall into your TV, you'll be able to receive Limited Basic cable service. The signal will be in HD, but you will be limited to pretty much local channels. None of your extended tier or premium channels will be available, as they require the set top box. The HD coming out of your wall will be no different that the HD coming out of the set top box. Because the Cable Company compresses the signal at their offices, both ways will be lower quality that what you can receive with an over-the-air antenna.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would the LG 47lm4600 be a good buy?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment