Sunday, February 9, 2014

1080p on a 32 inch lcd or led tv?




josmil1


I want to purchase my first HDTV for my bedroom. The highest I can go is 32 inches. I would be using this for PS3 gaming(HDMI of course), Movies (some blurray), sports, and some SD channels. I am going to be sitting between 3-6 feet. If it is 1080p my budget is $900. Would 1080p be worth it at this distance? Any TV recommendations?


Answer
Firstly just for the record, ALL SCREEN SIZES HAVE A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE VIEWING HD CONTENT!!!!
It all depends on the VIEWING DISTANCE!!!! (My 17" & 19" PC monitors show a noticeable HD image as I sit within 24" of the screen, as all people generally do!)

Do NOT listen to any amateur, who has NO IDEA, if they tell you different!

Check out this chart, http://hdguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/hdtv_distance_chart.pdf
You will notice your viewing distance of approx 5ft is ideal for using a 32" screen.

You may also want to double check using this graph, http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/533684-how-close-you-have-sit-1080-line-screen-worth-bothering.html
Also shows 32"/5ft as ideal!

As for recommendations, Panasonic tend to make the best screens, but it depends on EXACT MODEL as even they have a few 'lower spec' items.
Have a good read around on http://www.avforums.com, for lots of tips
Beware of 'cheap' sets, they are just that, even if they advertise 1080p, LED, 120hz & contrast ratio's that run off the page ('Contrast ratio' the most abused term in HDTV)

Ask over in the forums of 'avforums' you will get some sound advice, rather than the 'misinformation' here!

The difference between 720p and 1080p ins a 32 inch TV?




Maddie


Bear with me, I know this question probably comes up a lot.

I'm moving cross country in a few weeks, and sadly that means I can't take my current 32 inch LG 1080p TV. It's a 2011 model, and I've loved it since the day I got it.

However, the new LG models at my price point have terrible reviews. I did find a good TV at a good price, a Samsung 720p LED 32 inch.

So my question is, will I be disappointed in picture quality if I go with the 720p? It's a bedroom TV that I use for HD cable, Netflix and watching BluRays and DVDs.



Answer
Keep in mind that you can not see the difference between 720P and 1080P in screen smaller than a 46". The only source for 1080P is the blu ray disc movies and some video games. 3 years ago I was in the market for a 32" LCD. I went to best Buy Buy website and read all the reviews of customers who purchased a 32". Also look at all the model that each manufacturer have on display at Best Buy, Fry's Electronic and Costco. I found that Panasonic had the best picture quality and viewing angle. I would up purchasing a 37". Last christmas I purchase 2 32" by Panasonic for my kids christmas present. Go online to Home Theater Magazine and read the reviews on tvs, along with the pro and con of each technology. If you pick up a copy of the magazine and close to the back of the magazine it will list the tvs the recommend. You will notice that Panasonic has more tv being recommend than from any other manufacturer. You will not see any LG tv being recommend. If you read all the questions in yahoo all the time, you will notice that 95% of tv problems are from those bargain price tv. Panasonic is the most reliable tv in the market today, followed by Samsung. Hope this will help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 1080p on a 32 inch lcd or led tv?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment