Thursday, February 13, 2014

Can I hang a LED TV on a wall mount above a floor heating vent?




Kevin


I want to hang a TV in my room, but it seems like the only available spot is above a heating vent that is on the floor. I want to hang the TV about 5-6 feet above the vent. Will that cause any problems to the TV? I believe it is a 26 inch Vizio LED.


Answer
At the height of 5 to 6 feet above the floor you should be fine. The vent is not constantly blowing and the room ambient temperature should be close to the temp coming from the vent (with in 5 deg).

If you find think it may cause problems you can mount a glass shelf about 6 inches under the TV to deflect the airflow from the register, and provides a place to place small what nots.

You can always place a vent deflector on the vent also.
http://www.amazon.com/Thermwell-Products-Deflector-Ceiling-Diffusers/dp/B001RUO6BQ

What is the use of wall anchor in led tv wall mount kit?




Raghu


I got my led tv wall mounting kit.
I have two small plastic thing which is not properly fit into screw. I don't know what to do with it. Its called Wall anchor.. What is it, how should I use it?
What if I ignore it?. Please help



Answer
In general, an "anchor" for mounting something on a wall is a sleeve that's forced into wallboard (sheetrock) that will accept the threads of a self-tapping screw. You normally cannot put a screw directly into sheetrock.

However, unless you have a really tiny TV (maybe 19 inches), you do ***NOT*** want to attach your wall mount frame to sheetrock! It should only be mounted onto the studs behind the wallboard. If you don't know what that means and how to successfully do it, then you need to get help installing the mount from an experienced handyman, electrician, or TV installer. Hanging a large TV on wallboard anchors is a near-guarantee that the the TV is going to come crashing down some day--soon.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I hang a LED TV on a wall mount above a floor heating vent?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment