Friday, November 22, 2013

Why use LED technology?

led tv heat output
 on Home Product Audio & Video Aerials TV Outdoor 120.858UK
led tv heat output image



Linda Bert


what is the advantage and significance in using LED lights?


Answer
Due to their low operating voltage and high intensity light output they are very useful in digital and fiber optic applications. Their light is produced when an electron crosses the PN junction of the diode. This crossing produces photon emission therefore no heat is produced which makes them very efficient. This emission happens in all diodes, however the LED is created for maximum photon emission. The diode is then encased in such a way that focuses the photons for maximum output. IR diodes ( Infrared Diodes ) which produce light outside the visual spectrum of humans, are used in remote control application. TV remotes are a good example of this application.

Small screen showdown?




Nick


Well I'm looking at buying a TV for my room must be under 32 inches and I think I got the best sets here. Keep in mind that I need a headphone output or red and white output and I would like 2 hdmi inputs and I would like a toslink output for 7.1 surround headphones I have.

Contender 1. Samsung 26 inch led backlit TV

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=4833538&st=un26eh4000&cp=1&lp=1&pid=1218538975092

I like it but not sure about backlit Tvs not sure if that is better or worse than edgelit.

Contender 2. Panasonic 24 inch tv.

http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do?partNumber=05771514000P&reviewCount=1&threshold=59.0&itemSrc=Online

Nice tv, 24 inches but is 1080p, not sure about inputs as I'm having a tough time finding what it has.

Contender 3. Lg 26 inch tv

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=4853595&pid=1218552487058

Nice all around TV. 720p but again not sure about inputs and picture quality.

Contender 4. Toshiba 24 inch 1080p TV.

http://m.sears.com/sears_ProductDetails.jsp

It's 1080p but AGAIN no info about inputs!

Contender 5. 29inch hitachi led TV.

http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/consumer/tv/products/ultrathin_led/details/LE29H306.html

Has pretty much all I Need. Seems very nice but I'm not sure about the name.

If Sombody can please tell me which one would work the best for gaming (Xbox 360) and movies (apple TV) please do not say anything about plasma. As they do not have screens this size and if you do suggest a TV please it must be under 32 inches. 720p and 1080p doesn't really matter as I know there is no real difference between the two at these sizes and how far I will be sitting (5 feet back) thanks for any info and I will make my decision based on what you guys think! Thanks again!



Answer
Contender 1, because it is an LED tv which means it gives off less heat, uses less electricity, and has defined shapes and colors. It will work best with Xbox 360 and apple tv and it is a reputable brand so it will be high quality.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why use LED technology?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment