Sunday, September 15, 2013

Can I hang a LED TV on a wall mount above a floor heating vent?

led tv ceiling mount
 on Sound & Vision TV & Home Audio Accessories TV Wall Mounts & Brackets
led tv ceiling mount image



Kevin


I want to hang a TV in my room, but it seems like the only available spot is above a heating vent that is on the floor. I want to hang the TV about 5-6 feet above the vent. Will that cause any problems to the TV? I believe it is a 26 inch Vizio LED.


Answer
At the height of 5 to 6 feet above the floor you should be fine. The vent is not constantly blowing and the room ambient temperature should be close to the temp coming from the vent (with in 5 deg).

If you find think it may cause problems you can mount a glass shelf about 6 inches under the TV to deflect the airflow from the register, and provides a place to place small what nots.

You can always place a vent deflector on the vent also.
http://www.amazon.com/Thermwell-Products-Deflector-Ceiling-Diffusers/dp/B001RUO6BQ

Any recommendations on a laptop and TV combination?




Dads House


I need to upgrade my laptop to something that can handle processing videos better. On the side, also has a decent stereo sound without the need for external speakers. I live in a nursing home, so the total table space to work on is 18" X 32", so no room even for a mouse. I also want to get an LED TV to which I can wirelessly link to the laptop for using it also as a computer screen. It should be in the range of 36". I cannot run an HDML cable as the TV mounts along the ceiling on the opposite side of thr room. I live in a nuring home.


Answer
I am not aware of any way to use wireless to transmit video and audio signal from a PC or laptop to an HDTV for use as a PC monitor.
Cable connection is the only way (HDMI, etc).

For laptop specs I recommend:

CPU: 3rd generation Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 or i7
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: Dedicated (card), at least a GeForce GT640M or better
Price range: $600 to over $1,000




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I hang a LED TV on a wall mount above a floor heating vent?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment