Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How do I get rid of smears on LCD tv screen?

lcd tv dark spots
 on Dark Spot on iPhone Camera? @ jammer(six)
lcd tv dark spots image



Marlena


I kinda wiped the dust of the screen with one of those special microfiber cloths and this all went great but then I decided to try and wipe off some little spots and stains I could see on it. I didn't spray the spray I used on the screen directly (I dont know the name of the spray but I will write what it contains in the end). I put it on the cloth a little bit and tried to wipe the stains of but now after everything I ended up with major smears on the screen that I seem to be unable to get off...?? I've tried another cloth with some water but nothing seems to help.. What to I do.. Will I even be able to get them off???

What the spray contains is:

1-Propanaminium
3-amino-N-(carboxymethyl)-N,N0dimethyl-,N-coco acyl dervis., hydroxides, inner salts
Sodium 4-propoxycarbonylphenoxide, Water, distilled, conductivitiy or of similar purity
Carbomer 940.... This is what it says on the bottle itself.. It's a spray for cleaning monitors and screens I'm sure, I just got rid of the box that says the name.. Please help... :(

I'm afraid I won't get these smears off, I even notice them while the tv is on.. When there's a scene that's dark/night etc. So.. :(



Answer
Googling the ingredients list pulls up the material safety data sheet (MSDS) for this stuff...

http://cleanscreen.com/

...which is sold at Ace Hardware, Microcenter, Costco, etc.

It's not a product I would buy, but it seems pretty harmless. It seems unlikely to have caused any damage.

Here's what I think happened. I suspect you use the TV somewhere in proximity to a kitchen, where you're cooking. Thus, the screen was already pretty greasy, but only in the form of the tiny flecks that can be carried in the air. (Either that, or you have kids who previously put a million fingerprints on it.)

The point being, the screen was already moderately greasy before you began cleaning it. So, by applying a solvent, you loosened the grease, and began moving it around.

Thus, if you still see smears, it simply isn't clean yet. It may have been a lot dirtier than you expected.

Your current microfiber cloth is probably contaminated (with grease), so wash it before you use it again. And buy additional soft polishing cloths, or cheese cloth.

Then, clean the entire screen again. Just pretend you didn't even clean it yet. Start over. Then, if it still looks greasy after that, do it a third time.

Are Dark Spots on my LCD TV Fixable?




Nick


Hey, someone dropped my LCD TV while doing some work inside of my home and now there are two large, transparent dark spots on my TV. I've had the TV for about a year and a half and my warranty is up. Does anyone know if this is fixable or do i need to buy a new TV?


Answer
Sorry it is toast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get rid of smears on LCD tv screen?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment