Monday, January 20, 2014

Can I use Bluray Player and a DVD home theater system at once ?

best led tv without smart
 on ... Cinemawide 58-inch Class LED Smart TV with Theater 3D - Best Cheap TV
best led tv without smart image



S.Roshan B


Hi everyone,

I've got a Samsung SMART 55inch 3D LED TV and a Samsung 3D SMART Bluray player (Without speakers) right now. And I planned to buy a home theater system.

Now, can I buy a DVD home theater system and watch movies via bluray player and received audio through DVD home theater system by connecting both to TV.
Or should I give up the bluray player and buy Bluray Home theater system ?

To summarize, I wanted to know whether I can watch a 3D movie via bluray player and receive audio via dvd home theater system ?

If you guys need any more clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks everyone



Answer
NO. Forget any of those home theater in a box. They are not flexible for adding anything to them or for up grading. They are mainly designed for you to watch a movie with the built in player with surround sound. You tv only has an optical audio output. this is a digital signal that is encoded by Dolby Digital and needs to be decoded by a Dolby decoder. You will find a Dolby decoder only on a multi channel receiver, home theater in a box that has an optical audio input or a sound bar. Your 3D smart Blu Ray disc player can be connected directly to the tv, but you are not going to get surround sound. Look at an Onkyo HT-S3500, it is a 5.1 receiver and a set of speakers. It has the all the inputs and outputs you will need to connect the blu ray disc player to or your tv. You can find the unit at any Fry's Electronic for under $300. Or you can get a sound bar. I would recommend you demo them at your local retail store. Hope this will help you out.

Do I need to buy a smart tv if I have an XBOX Kinect already that can be attached to it?




Aaron G


I would like to know if I can save money by buying for example an LED 3D tv without the tv being Smart. I have done some research and it results that SMART TVs can have downloadable apps and internet browsing mechanisms. But the thing is that XBOX Kinect already offers some of these feature. So it would be an overkill to spend more money for features I already have. However I cannot be sure that the XBOX and the SMART TV features offer the same things because I only have the XBOX! After all the XBOX browsing features are not all that 'advanced' so to speak and there are a very limited number of apps that one can download for free. It's not like the Android market.

Can you guide me please if you happen to have both a SMART TV and an XBOX Kinect?

Thank you



Answer
Go with a good, high-rated non smart television.

You can always add a small box like the Western Digital TV Live box for $99 that gives you 20+ apps if you find something you really want that is not on Xbox.

Some of the systems DO work a bit better than these small media servers. The Samsung Smart Hub got a great review in the Jan issue of Home Theater magazines. The reviewer was shocked to find that Netflix, Hulu all looked better through the smart hub app rather than his outboard box. This is because Samsung runs the streaming video through the televisions up-conversion circuits.

The Smart Hub is apparently also somewhat open-source but their are financial agreements that have to be in place.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use Bluray Player and a DVD home theater system at once ?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment