Friday, July 12, 2013

How to wire an LED Light Strip?

led tv 12v
 on Inch Supersonic Sc-2411 12 Volt Acdc Widescreen Full 1080p Hd Led Tv ...
led tv 12v image



Joad


I am buying an LED Light strip from eBay for the back of my TV to give off a red glow, but the lights are loose wires and I am not sure how to hook it up to a lamp switch or something similar. COuld someone please explain or tell me where I can find a tutorial.

Thanks!

PS. I live in Canada if that matters



Answer
It is rather simple. I'm guessing you have an led strip that is very similar to this:

http://lighthouseleds.com/12v-flexible-led-strips/12v-3528-led-strip-flexible.html

If so, then you can simply find a small transformer like this (you are in Canada, so you power outlets are different than in the US, so make sure you find one that will fit your outlets):

http://lighthouseleds.com/tools-accessories/power-supplies/12v-power-supplies/wall-outlet-12v-supply-ac-to-dc.html

Once you do that, go to an electronics store and buy a simple SPST switch (single pole, single throw) and put this switch in line with the power line (series). This way when the switch is turned it will break the circuit and when it is flipped the other way it will turn on.

Can a power inverter run a home theater system with 3 speakers for a tailgater?




454burban


so im trying to set up a sony home theater system to run off a power inverter plugged into my car.
the reason is for a tailgater and we want a little more noise then car speakers. so is it possible to use a car power inverter to run a receiver that has 3 speakers plugged into it? if so what size inverter will I need and what problems might I run into? thanks for your time I WILL SELECT BEST ANSWER



Answer
I would just get a Honda EU series inverter generator or one of its many Chinese clones.

For a 12v inverter you need one that is:

A. True/pure sine wave output not modified sine or modified square.
B. Twice the wattage of the sound system plus the wattage of the other stuff.
C. Hard wired to some deep cycle batteries unless you plan to run the vehicle engine the whole time.

In my case be would be Onkyo TX-SR608 100 watts x3 speakers x2 is 600 Add my small powered sub it is 700 (50x2) then add my Blu-Ray player and TV and it is 750 (My LCD TV is an LED edgelit 26" and maxes out at 52 watts with the backlight cranked and is half that at normal levels), so I would need a 750 watt or larger inverter.

The 2x size is so that the varying draw of the sound system doesn't cause too much voltage fluctuation and make the Blu-Ray or TV go nuts.

Edit: to know for sure buy a Kill-A-Watt meter and measure the actual consumption of your devices at the volume level you will have it set to and double that for the inverter size.

The KAW meter is how I know the exact draw of my TV ETC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to wire an LED Light Strip?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment