Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Can I use Bluray Player and a DVD home theater system at once ?

led tv under 300
 on LED TV to buy in 2013
led tv under 300 image



S.Roshan B


Hi everyone,

I've got a Samsung SMART 55inch 3D LED TV and a Samsung 3D SMART Bluray player (Without speakers) right now. And I planned to buy a home theater system.

Now, can I buy a DVD home theater system and watch movies via bluray player and received audio through DVD home theater system by connecting both to TV.
Or should I give up the bluray player and buy Bluray Home theater system ?

To summarize, I wanted to know whether I can watch a 3D movie via bluray player and receive audio via dvd home theater system ?

If you guys need any more clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks everyone



Answer
NO. Forget any of those home theater in a box. They are not flexible for adding anything to them or for up grading. They are mainly designed for you to watch a movie with the built in player with surround sound. You tv only has an optical audio output. this is a digital signal that is encoded by Dolby Digital and needs to be decoded by a Dolby decoder. You will find a Dolby decoder only on a multi channel receiver, home theater in a box that has an optical audio input or a sound bar. Your 3D smart Blu Ray disc player can be connected directly to the tv, but you are not going to get surround sound. Look at an Onkyo HT-S3500, it is a 5.1 receiver and a set of speakers. It has the all the inputs and outputs you will need to connect the blu ray disc player to or your tv. You can find the unit at any Fry's Electronic for under $300. Or you can get a sound bar. I would recommend you demo them at your local retail store. Hope this will help you out.

What is the best TV to get under these circumstances?




EquiGirl92


This is what I'm looking for:

At least 32"
$300 or below
Not crappy quality--must last!

I figured LCD since they tend to be less expensive these days, right?

Anyway, thank you :)



Answer
Kaneda's suggestion is the one I would have come up with. Another display that is getting very good reviews is vizio 32"oi-a2 led smart tv. Normally I don't suggest vizio but I have read 5 different reviews on this display and all have been strong reviews. Seems like a pretty good value with the tech and consumer reviews out there. My impression here is that the samsung 5000 series is a proven, very dependable tv for performance and longevity. The vizio is a good value with some questions about its durability. Try cnet, home thearter magazine and avforum. These sites will give you good insight into both displays and allow you to compare them. Read both the consumer and tech reviews. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use Bluray Player and a DVD home theater system at once ?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment