Sunday, December 22, 2013

Wall mount for a 24" LED TV are 2x2 studs sufficient? How else would i go about mounting it?

led tv mount
 on Samsung Ultra Slim Wall mount Led Tv 40
led tv mount image



Kaitlin Ki


i have a 24" led tv about 20-25lbs. I want to hang it to my wall using a mount i bought. But the lags are very large, and my dads afraid they will crack the 2x2 studs. I have drywall on the walls already and my walls are extremely thin. The lags take up at least 3/4 of the wall.

Could i maybe screw plywood onto the wall, then screw the mount onto that? Or would that not be good enough to hold my tv? Is there a way to mount it without hitting the studs?



Answer
Mount it on the studs,pre -drill the holes for the lag screws slightly smaller than the screws themselves and they won't split the studs.

I have a 55 inch LED TV - is it OK to mount it on a wall a few feet above baseboard heating?




Bri


I have a 55 inch LED TV - is it OK to mount it on a wall a few feet above baseboard heating??? I'm concerned the heat being a few feet below it could ruin the TV?


Answer
I wouldn't suggest it, but if you must then buy a redirecting air flow vent for your heater vent and aim the air outward.

The redirecting vent is inexpensive and can be found at any hardware store.

Go to the below website to see the vent...

www.acehardware.com ⺠... ⺠Thermostats & Registers




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Wall mount for a 24" LED TV are 2x2 studs sufficient? How else would i go about mounting it?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment