Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Is it possible a 60 Hz television looks more natural than a 120 Hz TV?

led tv refresh rate
 on New LG 39LN5700 39
led tv refresh rate image



Eric W


I've seen a picture on an LED TV with 120 Hz refresh rate...and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't look quite right to me. Is it possible a refresh rate of 60 Hz looks more natural?


Answer
You could be noticing something that has been referred to as the 'soap opera effect' . This started showing up on 120HZ tv's that were designed to reduce motion blur or judder. The byproduct of this process created an unnatural look for movies.

http://techcrunch.com/2009/08/12/help-key-why-hd-video-looks-weird/

Is my TV ruined from plugging it in from my computer?




solitas777


I have a Samsung LED TV. I plugged in my HDMI cord to the tv from my computer. I didn't force a refresh rate or anything, The artifacting was bad. Now, my tv blips. It will have a normal pictures but every 30 seconds or go there is a slight blip on the screen. Is my TV ruined now? Can it be fixed?


Answer
It sounds like when you had your computer connected to your TV you had the wrong refresh rate set on your computer. Is the blinking only occurring when you have the computer connected or when using different inputs. You could always try going into the TV's settings a performing a reset. That will purge out anything there and allow you to start all over. And the next time you connect your computer, make sure you have the refresh rate set to 60 Herts. That's the max an HDMI connection can use.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible a 60 Hz television looks more natural than a 120 Hz TV?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment