Saturday, October 12, 2013

Where were you on September 11, 2001?




Alexandra


I'm 13 years old, so I was only 3 on 9/11. I don't remember anything I did on that day, since I was so young. As I got older, I started understanding more about what had happened. I think it is unbelievable. I also think it is very interesting. So I'm asking you, where were you on September 11, 2001? When and how did you receive the news? Never Forget what happened. <3


Answer
I was working in an Air Force medical squadron. My boss was on his way out the door when I got word we were under attack (after the second tower got hit). He stood there with mouth open and turned white as a sheet. We went into Threat Con Delta (highest terror threat alert) immediately. The gates were locked and all cars were moved away from the buildings. Many area nurses who were either retired or on vacation called in to offer help. I referred them to the Red Cross. Many of the troops who were off that day showed up immediately. One troop was vacationing in NYC and went immediately to the Triage Center to offer help. We all became New Yorkers that day. Later, I went out for a smoke and announced to the younger folks ..."today the culture changes." We hooked up a TV in the Lobby and watched the terrible events unfold. It was a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day. It led to tons of work for me in the weeks and months to come as we deployed hundreds and hundreds of troops to Afghanistan, Qatar, Pakistan and all the "Stan" countries, etc., etc., and later to Iraq. Pray for the innocent souls of all those we lost that day...and the troops we lost in fighting the War on Terror. God Bless America.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Rating: 98% based on 988 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment